What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible to manage Enterprise wide Oracle and Cassandra Database environments in to the Verizon wireless systems.
• Supporting multiple Order rewire suite of applications for B2C & B2B customers.
• Managing SDLC life cycle for multiple applications.
• Production / Development engagement
• Emerging technology development
• Security Management
• Capacity / Performance planning / Availability Management
• Change Management
• Cloud Migration
• Expertise in Oracle 12c RAC, Performance tuning/troubleshooting skills and experience with VLDB's.
• Oracle RAC/ASM. Amazon AWS, Data-replication tools – Shareplex & Golden-Gate
• Extensive experience managing highly-available, large, multi-datacenter Cassandra clusters in production, in a platform/infrastructure/DBA role, preferably in a Cloud environment.
• Experience scaling Cassandra clusters to support high read/write throughput and tuning Cassandra & the JVM for low-latency response times.
• Solid understanding of Cassandra data modeling patterns and anti-patterns; experience working closely with development teams to design & optimize database schema based on application access patterns.
• Experience scripting administrative tasks using python or shell scripts. (If you’ve written larger scripts or apps with python, even better.)
• Experience with configuration management and source control systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, SVN).
• Solid grasp of Unix/Linux operating system management & fundamentals.
• Prior experience working with Agile methodologies.
• Extensive experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure with particular reference to provisioning, security, and management. Design AWS infrastructure to move local applications to public & private cloud. Design complex solutions which integrate AWS cloud, on premise physical and Virtual server, EC2, S3 storage, networking and security. Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions
• Develop standardized AMI images and Cloud formation automation scripts for building non-prod and prod environments on AWS
• Design, deploy and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra (Datastax OR Apache) database solutions for high transactions mission critical applications.
• Develop data models and perform planning of architecture, functions, modules, recovery, standards and implementation
• Installations, configurations and monitoring DataStax Enterprise cluster and/or open source cassandra cluster
• Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance of database components
• Work with internal and external customers to develop new value-added programs and data solutions with existing data warehouse structure
• Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
• Research and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for business issues
• Create ad-hoc reports utilizing various data sources
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
• 24*7 on-call operations for mission critical application.
• Must have good verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
• Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
• Certifications in Oracle, Cassandra and/or AWS
• Scripting in Python, Jenkins etc is a big plus.
• As a Cassandra Engineer at Verizon, you will work with development and SRE teams to review application data models and traffic requirements; identify data model issues and potential bottlenecks; recommend schema design changes, compaction strategies, & other improvements.
• Performance tuning of Cassandra clusters to support high read/write throughput while minimizing latency.
• Analysis of database access patterns to isolate hotspots, data model problems, and other bottlenecks.
• Plan, test, and execute standard cluster maintenance activities & Cassandra version upgrades.
• Perform proactive capacity planning and forecasting based on database usage patterns and new business initiatives.
• Establish standards and best practices for operating a high-performance, distributed NoSQL computing environment.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
• Communication, coordination and planning with Engineering, SRE and development teams.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.