Top 5 must haves.
SAP Basis Administration
Llinux OS level scripting
HANA database administration
Excellent communication and presentation skills (PPT/Excel etc.)
Senior-level SAP resource with 8-10 years of SAP core systems experience with 4 years experience working with SAP Reporting systems (HANA, BW, BODS, BOBJ, BW on HANA). The candidate must possess end-to-end understanding of the SAP BI toolsets, which includes SAP Business Objects, Web Intelligence, Analysis for Office and Dashboards / Design Studio, as well as the connector configuration towards HANA DB (both enterprise and BW)
Strong BASIS HANA administrative experience:
• 4 years experience managing SAP HANA 1.0 SP 5 – SP7 - HANA certification preferred.
• Proven technical problem solving skills
• Excellent unix level scripting skills
• Excellent customer facing and communication skills
• Knowledge of AWS technology offerings and solutions architect/system operations certification desired.
• HANA troubleshooting at OS layer
• Knowledge of Backup and Restore activities
• Setting parameters for HANA database
• Strong knowledge on HANA updates including HANA databases, HANA System copies
• Ability to maintain & troubleshoot HANA system independently
• HANA installations, upgrades and patching for SAP instances and Databases
• Upgrade and optimization experience for:
• BW ON HANA
• SAP BW
• Understanding of HANA technology on a database and appliance operations level.
• Technical skills related to architecture and infrastructure capabilities such as integration architecture, data architecture, data warehousing infrastructure and data delivery infrastructure.
• Must be able to troubleshoot Hana, BW, and ECC communication and synchronization of BW.
• Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning, diagnosis of problems. Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance. Interface with developers and modelers for performance and data access requirements. Development of standards and procedures for the HANA database environment using various HANA admin tools like HLM and Studio.
• Processes faults; monitors system efficiency
• Must have handled installation, configuration of at least one SAP landscape
Strong SAP Basis administrative experience:
• Provide senior level technical support, technical architecture and administration of SAP
• Install and maintain software including upgrades and database administration; apply kernel patches, OSS Notes, and Support Packages.
• Responsible for performance testing and tuning, system builds, disaster recovery configuration, version upgrades, and add-on installations.
• Responsible for system troubleshooting, problem solving, application capacity planning, and application server load balancing and optimization of database resources.
• Performs day to day monitoring and administration of SAP systems.
• Proven experience in support of upgrades, configuration, maintenance, system and troubleshooting of SAP systems and associated technologies
• Must be able to detail experience in performing system refresh, system copies and client copies that includes configuring functionalities and profiles.
• Experienced working in Linux/UNIX, Windows environment, and with Oracle database
• Experience working with Application and Technical team to solve day to day operation incidents and requests; able to provide continuous technical improvement activities across Operations and Support
• Strong technical skills in SAP Installations, Troubleshooting, Upgrades, System copy, SAP performance tuning, Applying Patches, Backup and Restore
• Experience with configuration, analysis, performance tuning, and troubleshooting, of both ABAP and Java Stacks on Windows and HANA databases. This includes diagnostic maintenance and capacity planning
• Expertise in database automation through OS level scripting and database level scripts or procedures.
• Experience with SAP Systems delivery and Systems administration track record across the major SAP suite of applications.
• Develops, designs and plans support concepts
• Completes all operational and organizational tasks/processes independently and autonomously.
• Advocate and enforce applicable standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in the implementation and/or maintenance of NetWeaver and its various components.
• Provide insight on new SAP technology and how it can be leveraged appropriately to improve the current environment.
• Does well in fast-paced project environments
• Learns rapidly and eagerly
• Contributes effectively outside of specialty
• Challenges prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggests better approaches
• Minimizes complexity, finding time to simplify
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Ability to communicate, verbally and written, technical requirements/constraints to a broad audience of technical and non-technical individuals
• Ability to work as team member or as a single individual contributor
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly
• Implement and maintain multiple SAP components that comprise the SAP Reporting environment (HANA, BODS, BOBJ, BW, BW on HANA)
• Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
• Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability
• Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies
• Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.)
• Administer the SAP database with Database Administrators (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.)
• Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades
• Apply and migrate SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology
• Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.