We are looking for a motivated Linux administrator to work with a team to engineer and administer systems in our self-managed data centers. This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within Infrastructure Midrange team.
The Midrange UNIX team is responsible for designing, automating, engineering, deploying, and administering both physical and virtual servers in our self-managed data centers. We use Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris operating systems. We support a 24x7x365 environment that includes both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for software installations, system builds, scripting, system patching
• Evaluate new OS releases, test in the lab, and develop templates for production deployments.
o Develop and deploy monitoring solutions to keep our systems running smoothly.
• Develop new automated solutions to support current processes.
• Maintain access control lists, disk storage management, data backup and recovery
• Maintain and configure infrastructure tools to monitor and manage the environment health
• Drive solutions for problems escalated from other teams and collaborate with Engineering for overall stability and management of the production environment
• Participate in 24 X 7x365 on-call pager rotation as part of a larger team
• Ability to provide off-hours coverage and support for maintenance during outage windows or planned upgrades.
• Identify and implement improvements to the process, procedures, documentation, and systems
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION & PRIOR JOB EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of experience administering Linux (RHEL) in a production environment
3+ years of experience managing systems and applications in a VMWare environment
3+ years of experience with automating and scripting server builds or other daily tasks
Experience with Red Hat Satellite and Ansible automation.
Airline experience and knowledge a plus
SKILLS, LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
- Proven ability to efficiently diagnose an issue, as well as propose and implement a solution
- Ability to draft and formalize technical documentation
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of server hardware, operating system, and application monitoring
- Experience managing systems that use network-based storage solutions (SAN and NAS)
- Experience with managing server networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls)
- Experience with account and rights assignments
- Experience creating scripts in a professional environment
- Experience with disaster recovery and high availability systems.
- Experience with Oracle Solaris
- Ability to provide off-hours coverage and support for maintenance during outage windows
LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.