• 1st & 2nd line IT troubleshooting support – software, hardware, network related problems including Citrix and Windows.
• Manage the configuration and installation of new hardware and software such as laptops, PCs and printers.
• An in depth understanding of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
• Involvement in IT projects – Virtualisation, migration to cloud including servers and email migrations, new client on boarding, setup of new services etc
• Troubleshooting more complex problems with desktop/server/networking hardware and software.
• Providing help, support and training to 1st line members of the team.
• Management of escalated tickets, following through to completion ensuring regular feedback is provided to client through the lifecycle of logged tickets.
• Administration & support of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, preferably in a Hyper-V or VMWare ESXi environment.
• Managing and maintaining the Mitel phone system.
• Perform server patching fortnightly.
• Perform daily system health checks.
• Aptitude for logical problem solving.
• Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and engender customer confidence.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills so that a customer’s problem is fully understood.
• Excellent team worker with the self-awareness and control to understand how own actions can influence team spirit.
Education / qualifications / experience:
• Previous experience of working in a Service Desk environment.
• Previous experience with Office 2013 and the Office 365 applications and environment.
• Basic understanding of Powershell.
• Experience in providing IT support in a corporate environment.
• ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Foundation/ Intermediate Certification preferred but not essential.
• Awareness of Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
• Experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2016. An understanding of how Exchange works, with knowledge of datastores, mail flow and troubleshooting mail issues.
• Networking Experience (routers, switches & firewalls). Understand usage and configuration of DHCP, DNS and VLAN’s.
• Network Administration & Data Backup Technologies, preferably Veeam.
• Full Driving License – Occasionally required to take IT equipment to different sites for install and configuration.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.