At OpenTable, we take pleasure in developing great software. We believe that quality comes from a commitment to clean code and proven engineering principles honed through rapid, continuous development and innovation. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by meaningful engineering processes and can deliver exceptional code in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants, too!
As the manager of the Android team at OpenTable, you will be responsible for overseeing the team and playing an active role in developing the Android app. Our engineering team is multi-functional, co-located with product and design. We keep a cadence of releasing twice a month and use the latest development and platform tools. We also believe that native apps should make the most out of their platform, and embrace Android at its core, from Material Design to other Android-specific APIs. Due to the nature of our product and customer base, we are able to target the latest Android versions without significant impacts.
- Lead a multi-talented team of Android engineers
- Make key decisions for the app and technical platform within OpenTable
- Work with design and product to build a killer UX
- Write tests and participate in code reviews to ensure continuing quality
- Keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest in Android development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with software development with Java
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with popular architectures like MVP and MVVM
- Experience with popular libraries like RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp and Dagger
- Experience building with Kotlin
- Experience building with Android Jetpack
- Experience maintaining a Jenkins build pipeline
- Experience writing tests for Android with JUnit and Espresso
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We love what can happen around the restaurant table. Since 1998, we’ve been committed to empowering that experience. From helping restaurants grow and run their businesses, to enabling diners to discover and book the perfect table every time they dine, our story is one of connection — among diners, restaurants, and their communities.
But the table is just the start. Now, we’re growing globally like never before, and continuing to lead the conversation in the tech and restaurant spaces with products that anticipate the changing needs of restaurants and diners.
As we span countries and cultures, we’re very aware of an essential ingredient in making the power of our products possible: you. You are the reason why we work hard to be one step ahead of the moment and what inspires us to embody the true spirit of hospitality. So, pull up a chair and join us.
Free snacks; discounted gym memberships; commuting benefits; generous PTO; happy hours on Fridays.
Initial phone screen; possible hiring manager phone screen; 2 onsite interviews (5 hours each).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.