We are seeking an experienced Android embedded software engineer to lead development of complex custom solutions. Strong embedded Linux experience and understanding of the Linux kernel is required. You will work as part of a team with Embedded software, hardware and System Engineers to implement features using system-on-chip (SOC) devices. Provide technical guidance and lead implementation on a wide range of Android framework HALs and Linux kernel drivers including display, wireless, charging, and power management.
• Expert knowledge of Android Studio
• In-depth embedded experience with Android and Linux (user space or kernel)
• Experience developing Android apps in Java and/or Kotlin
• Experienced in customizing embedded Linux for driver development, device tree and kernel debug
• Experience with one or more of Android/Linux kernel subsystems: camera, video, WLAN, Bluetooth/BLE, USB C
• Experience with Android HAL
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Strong Linux kernel fundamentals and Android Framework expertise.
• Linux Kernel Driver programming, Device bring-up, BSP, Kernel config, kernel crash debugging Experience developing drivers for common communications protocols (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C, USB)
• Experience with imager pipelines
• Experience with Containers
• Experience with Bluetooth and WLAN.
• Proficient in C and C++
• Knowledgeable in common debugging practices
• A minimum of 4 years of current experience working with Android
• Source Control / Project Tracking systems (GitHub, Jira)
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Comfortable with various levels of the stack
• Excellent knowledge of Android coding techniques and Network protocols
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance required
• Experience with Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile-class SoC.
• Experience with Android Library and Runtime layers.
• Understanding of hardware schematics, data sheets, and PCB layouts.
• Experience with debugging, Linux kernel development, system-level programming, Android frameworks, Android build system, Compiler-driven instrumentation using LLVM/clang or GCC.
• Strong understanding of Android SDK, NDK, API
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.