Application Architect, Senior Consultant
Are you a talented, creative Application Architect, interested in working in a team
atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients’ most complex
issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually
learning and expanding your skills?
Work You’ll Do
As a Senior Consultant in our Application Architecture practice you will bring
considerable expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
• Be the lead person to interface between the clients and our Deloitte teams
• Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to
create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs.
• Developing & reviewing system requirements, designing the solution, redefining the
business, presenting the prototype, and leading the testing of our custom technology
• Assisting clients with application architecture design, assessment and optimization
including definition, documentation and implementation of new application architectures
• Review and evaluation of key attributes of existing application architectures
• Recommend and validate improvements to existing Application Architectures
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and
integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and
optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other
integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business
partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement
to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core
business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and
enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including
application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business
process management and solution integration, custom application design and
development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
Senior Consultants in the Application Architecture practice are required to
• 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• At least 2 years of experience with large technology engagements
• Minimum of 2 full system development life cycle implementations
• Led teams responsible for soliciting non-functional requirements
• Translated requirements into client ready design documents including
modeling languages such as Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Led teams that performed designed and validated application architecture
frameworks and supporting functionality
• Worked closely with the functional and testing teams to understand their
functional requirements and the impact to the application architecture
• Led configuration and change management teams who were responsible
for application deployments including the coordination of database changes
and other necessary application configurations.
• At least 2 years Continuous Integration or similar build and deploy
• At least 2 years of experience with application architecture analysis, design
• At least 2 years of experience with application architecture and solution
development with JEE, .NET, or comparable technology platforms
• A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred
• Transactional database interaction experience, with exposure to various
techniques such as RowSet, ORM (Hibernate, NHibernate, EF), etc.
• Experience with architecture design patterns such as MVP or MVC, Gang of
• Experience in major industry sector Healthcare, Public Sector or Financial
• Experience or passion for implementing cloud solutions on Amazon Web
Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience of DevOps practices and tools
• Leading Testing efforts, including all phases: System, Integration, and
Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
• Exposure to enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle
• Experience with Middleware and/or SOA base implementations
• Leading teams through IT Strategy initiatives
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
(MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• A Bachelor's Degree in an IEEE recognized Engineering discipline
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization is a plus.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at
every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best
work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe
there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in
addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business
world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development
programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of
opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte
University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value
our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about
what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best
work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness
and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to
be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs
and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our
people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose
defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people
and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and
transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and
leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn
more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Deloitte is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals.
Adoption assistance; sabbaticals; pet insurance; health and fitness expenses assistance (gym memberships, gym equipment, Weight Watchers, etc.); pension; tuition reimbursement program.
Recruiter phone screen; tech assessment/tech phone screen; 1-2 phone interviews; 1-2 onsite interviews. Time to hire: 3-6 weeks.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.