GEICO IT New Business Sales Configuration Management (CM) and Infrastructure Team has an exciting opportunity for a highly driven and motivated individual looking to grow their career as an Applications Configuration Management Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the CM role where they will work with IT sales developers and other leads to assist them with code merges, deployments, configuration changes, and build promotion from lower to upper environments.
- Daily build and deployment support for IT Sales applications
- Managing application configurations and deploying them on adhoc bases
- Azue DevOps build and release pipeline review and configurations
- Troubleshooting application & infrastructure issues in lower environments
- Creating release plan and scheduling deployments for training and production
- ITSM practices by opening change request in remedy to comply with GEICO IT compliance
- Participate in on-call rotation for build, deployment, and release activities
- 1+ years IT industry experience is required
- Exposure or understanding of Agile process
- Knowledge of source control tools (e.g. TFS, Azue DevOps (VSTS) , Git)
- Exposure or understanding to review and modify JSON and XML files
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Systems analysis skills and experience producing complex requirements
- A strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Driven to achieve successful results
- Able to quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a dynamic team
- Commitment to see concurrent projects to successful completion
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with build and release in Azure DevOps (formally known as VSTS)
- Azure Certification - any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.