Working as an Applied AI/ML Scientist at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be responsible to innovate new breakthrough solutions based on AI/ML. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We’re looking for an Applied AI/ML Scientist who’ll be responsible for developing and applying new concepts of machine learning to data. You’ll be part of the Signify Research Team located at the heart of Cambridge, MA; a center of excellence on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning Innovation for Signify. The team works together with the Signify Global Research, businesses and functions on AI/ML. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving AI/M innovations for systems, new IoT propositions, and innovative apps. If you are someone who always comes up with great ideas and ready to use your creative mind to solve practical problems, this role may be for you. You will learn and apply new cutting-edge techniques that will be rewarding for your career. With a great freedom to innovate, you will play an active role and grow yourself on AI and ML.
What you’ll do
• Apply your AI/ML knowledge to develop innovative solutions and build first-of-a-kind proof-of-concept demonstrators using data coming from IoT devices, connected lighting systems and other data sources.
• Actively scout, keep track of, evaluate, and leverage disruptive technologies, and emerging industrial, academic, technological and socioeconomic trends.
• Transfer technology and share insights and best practices across innovation teams.
• Generate intellectual property for the company.
• We look at you to partner with us in building breakthrough AI/ML enabled solutions and apply modern AI techniques to create value from the data. These AI enabled solutions go beyond lighting; we are exploring new applications that leverage the ubiquitous connected nodes of lighting in buildings, homes, cities, retail, industrial facilities, and other external data sources.
What you’ll need
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields, MS with strong relevant school or work experience can also be accepted.
• In-depth technical knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms with proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these various methods; Computer vision/Deep Learning architectures
• Strong fundamental knowledge of statistical data processing, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques and dimensionality reduction, including mastering the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
• Applying deep learning models in large-scale AI systems
• Knowledge of Natural Language Processing is a strong plus.
• Strong Programming experience with Java, Python, TensorFlow or other related tools
• Strong experience with opensource technologies to accelerate innovation
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills as well as ability to work in a global team
What you’ll get in return…
You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by innovating new IoT applications, data and analytics enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting business. You will have a great opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact, drive them to business successes, protected by relevant IP. You will conduct end-to-end innovation with the business, markets and end-customers by leveraging global teams, and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will have ample opportunities to partner with world class universities. You will be encouraged to publish and secure your ideas with patents
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings and urban spaces whilst delivering strong business value. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Comprehensive and competitive reward packages including salary, short-term incentives, and long-term incentives; dynamic career opportunities and professional/personal development.
Java, Python, Golang, R, SparkML, Scala, and Shell scripting, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc), and RDBMS.
Video/Phone interview with our recruitment team; Meet our hiring managers (video interview); Meet us in person; Embark on your Signify journey!
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.