Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As an Area Practice Director (APD), you will be instrumental in driving the profitable and sustainable sales and delivery of a specific technical discipline. You must serve as an evangelist, thought leader, and enabler for the technology by creating awareness, developing strategic direction and tactical solutions and cultivating the skillset into the ePlus culture.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
The Area Practice Director serves in an area-wide position while working closely with the regions, creating value through both direct and indirect team-building.
• Identify and cultivate an internal team to reliably deliver solutions within your technical discipline
• Create and harvest re-usable content to drive sales and improve project quality
o Sales: data sheets, presentations, solution positioning, competitive differentiators, etc.
o Proposal: reference designs, task lists, work breakdown structures, SOW templates, etc.
o Delivery: methodologies, processes, best practices, design templates, testing plans, etc.
• Develop plans and manage teams to facilitate access to product training and/or demo labs across the area
• Define market segments, product positioning, competitors, value proposition and go-to-market strategy
• Assess customer pain points and market demand to define compelling services offerings packaged as a product
• Develop and execute on product marketing and communications programs
• Manage complete product lifecycle, from MRD to product retirement
• Measures and delivers on product profitability expectations
• Identify strategic staffing needs to support current and future business operations
• Identify employee development goals and build staff development plans
• Grow professional, industry, sales, service, and core business skills of existing personnel, measure progress
• Work with regional technical leads to ensure that national standards and initiatives are adhered to for all engagements
• Identify strategic and tactical manufacturer partnerships and key players necessary to achieve and sustain thought leadership within the technical discipline
• Evaluate, initiate, grow, and manage partnership opportunities
• Identify, evaluate, and execute on opportunities to optimize or expand a line of business
• Assist with Presales opportunities, SOW’s, BOM’s etc.
• Evaluate emerging market trends and directions in order to accelerate technology adoption.
• Build credibility by establishing e3Plus as an authority on the given technology
• Expand industry awareness of ePlus through webinars, seminars, speaking engagements, blogging, publishing, and other forms of media.
• Leverage business skills, industry knowledge, technical skills, and customer service skills to build a high level of credibility as the customer’s trusted business partner
• Build a strong sense of reliability with partners and co-workers to maximize indirect sales leads and team confidence
• Enable teams to up-sell and cross-sell related products to prospective customers
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
• Handle confidential matters and information professionally
• Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
• Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Business and Management
• Previous success managing profit and loss for a line of business
• Previous success leading teams of 20 people
• Previous success developing partnerships between different, independent entities
• Previous success in sales and relationship-building roles
• Previous success in managing and delivering IT projects, on time and on budget
• Technical master to expert-level knowledge within Data Center technology
• Previous success in designing, developing, and implementing IT solutions within technical discipline
• Demonstrated skill at architecting distributed solutions across technical disciplines
• Issues authoritative, publishable opinions on emerging technologies and trends
• Demonstrated ability to guide teams through multiple vendors’ product strategies
• Holds highest or multiple advanced vendor certifications
• Contributes to or shapes industry standards
• Strong organization skills, presentation skills and acute attention-to-detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies, products, and processes with little notice
• Ability to exercise judgment in determining appropriate course of action
• Demonstrated business acumen in order to be valued by our internal and external decision makers
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
• 10 years of progressively successful career progression within an IT-related industry
• Experience working in a high growth, fast-paced environment and industry
• Deep knowledge of the technology area which is being led (Software Development, Virtualization, Data Center, etc.)
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 – 20 pounds of force occasionally.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.