Job Title: Automation Engineer Ref: AA031901
Location: Lisburn Northern Ireland
Salary Range: Camlin Group offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, holiday allowance and pension.
Closing Date: TBC
Business Area: Camlin Power
Role Reports To: Senior Product Manager
The integration of Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED) in the end user communication infrastructure plays a fundamental role in the delivery of meaningful information and, thus, enabling asset manager to execute actions. Multiple IEDs can share data or control commands at high speed to perform new distributed protection and control functions. This sort of cooperative control operation has the potential to supersede and eliminate much of the dedicated control wiring in a substation, as well as costly special-purpose communications channels among the stations and around the power network. Many utilities have already installed systems of interconnected IEDs for some degree of centralized substation and system monitoring and control. Because of the variety of communications dialects, system integrators employ gateway or translator devices to get all the data into a common format. Design and programming of gateways, RTU, data concentrators is very important using the most common protocols, such as DNP3, IEC61850, MODBUS and OPC UA. As well as protection systems, the monitoring system need to be upgraded to meet the new communication and cybersecurity standard. The latter requirement is also of huge importance in the industry, in particular in North America where strict NERC-CIP rules are limiting the data access and transmission. Communication experts and automation engineer assume a key role to configure and program the monitoring devices to meet the required standard as well as supporting the customers and being continually updated on new coming requirements.
The Camlin Group is a privately-owned holding company with a range of separate businesses in the engineering and scientific market sectors. Our aim is to expand our product portfolio by in-house development and acquisition. We have over four decades of successful history in the Electric Utility industry and have been responsible for a range of innovative and widely adopted solutions across global markets.
With headquarters in Northern Ireland, Camlin Group now comprises of a number of international companies made up of a combination of engineering design, production, and technical support. Camlin Power also has sales & service centres in the USA, China, Italy, Brazil, Russia and Germany.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to join our International Product Management team.
The role will act as domain expert on substation and energy system architecture, device integration, data flows & communication enabling the customer to develop a holistic vision for monitoring solution.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, the Automation Engineer will work across the company business sectors including Sales, Field Service, Engineering and Compliance to make sure the product and new features fully comply with latest cybersecurity standards and customer network requirements.
• Act as communication Domain Expert, reviewing customer ‘s requirements for the integration of IED in the communication network and creating a suitable solution working together with Product Management team.
• Work with the colleagues in Product Management and Engineering to devise requirements for NPI developments.
• Identify and articulate relevant technology.
• Incubate the application of new technologies through research and proof of concept use cases.
• Program third party RTU and PLC devices
• Be responsible of the IED configuration depending on the product selection
• Be responsible for testing commercially available RTUs, simulate customer network configuration and test IED integration in the infrastructure
• Visit client site to collect data and analysis existing conditions
• Deliver presentation and web seminar to customer explaining CAMLIN solution
• Support customers and internal teams with communications and cyber security projects.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering, or Computing Sciences from an accredited college or university.
• Strong knowledge of Power System ad Substation Control &Protection Applications and Architectures for the Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Industrial segments
• Proficient in computing technology, cyber security, and communication protocols as IEC61850, DNP3, OPC UA, MODBUS, MQTT
• Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the utility industry.
• Prior experience with SCADA devices including protective relays, communications processors, and terminal services.
• Prior experience with network troubleshooting tools including Wireshark and Fiddler.
• Working knowledge of common substation transmission communication architectures.
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time if required
• Experience in software development
• Expert knowledge in Windows domain design, configuration, and administration
• Expert knowledge in database design, configuration, and administration.
• Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint installation, configuration, and administration.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certification (MCP) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
• Project leading attitude in agreeing project timescales and specifications with clients and engineering and ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met
• A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers and colleagues.
• Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership, commitment and customer focus.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions.
• Able to work and travel to the United States and globally on business in line with business needs.
• A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the challenges facing Camlin as it grows internationally.
Apply Here: camlingroup.com/careers or email your CV to email@example.com
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Camlin Group wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
A GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER
Camlin operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
Your Performance. Our Technology.
Our mission is to continuously improve our customers’ operational performance through technology. We bring revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries.
- Competitive Salary
- 22 Annual holidays + 10 public holidays
- Health insurance cover, - Aviva Group Policy - for salary levels above 35K and following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Life insurance, x2 Annual Salary - following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Above minimum contributory pension of up to 6% contributions from company, following successful completion of 6 month probationary period
- Financial support for job relevant training at the company’s discretion
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
- Digital platform based on FPGA and embedded platforms.
- Vivado, and JTAG Programming tools in general
Function Generators, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, etc ...
- Linux configuration and runs Linux commands
- C, C++, Labview
- Computer vision and artificial intelligence techniques
- CANbus, and networking both wired and wireless
- Wide range of web technologies and network protocols
- HTML5 and CSS3
- AngularJS/React/Vue front-end framework
- LESS/Sass/Stylus CSS Pre-Processor
- GIT and possibly GitFlow
- Test-Driven Development and continuous integration
- Zemax, Mathematica, Mathcad, Comsol
- Spectroscopic techniques; Optical spectroscopy instrumentation and imaging systems
CV Screening by HR and hiring manager.
Short 30 minute telephone interview followed by a 60 minute technical panel interview conducted either in person or via Video conference.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.