Senior Aviation Airworthiness Engineer
Senior-level systems or software engineer with military Aviation Airworthiness experience for the UH-60 Blackhawk. This person will participate in software process assessments, software process improvement planning, software process documentation and testing activities reporting.
Responsibilities include review of system requirements, design documentation, test plans, software performance and test results.
• Perform software airworthiness evaluations of the Army's UH-60 aviation systems
• Provide independent assessments through review, analysis and evaluation of the prime contractor’s software development artifacts to ensure software products conform to design standards
• Evaluate software requirements for completeness, correctness, consistency, accuracy, and readability and testability
• Assess software source code, code generation processes, models, and build procedures for compliance with software safety requirements and qualification standards
• Evaluate aviation systems and components technical reports, Software Safety Assessments, Hazard Analysis, Safety Assessment Reports, Technical and Operator’s Manuals
• Candidate will participate as a member of Integrated Product Teams, Program Milestone reviews (Program Planning Reviews, Software Requirements Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, and Software Test Readiness Reviews) and witness Software Formal Qualification Testing
Successful candidate must possess a SECRET clearance and 10-15 years of related experience.
Education: The successful candidate will have Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or software related engineering technical field is required.
• 10+ years software safety experience
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Embedded Systems
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, C# JAVA, or Ada
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact well in diverse team environments
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, and have initiative to attack and solve problems with minimum supervision.
• Experience with Army Aviation systems, processes and data
• Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) experience (VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS, or DDI/DEOS)
• Knowledge of requirement management tools (DOORS)
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of System/Software Safety requirements, MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD 498, DO-178C, DO-254, JSSSEH, AMCOM REG 385-17, SAE ARP 4761, and SAE ARP 4754
• Experience with software development lifecycle processes IEEE 12207 or MIL-STD-498
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Model Based Development (SCADE, Matlab, Simulink, or Rhapsody)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
DSI is dedicated to providing the highest quality research, analysis, solutions, and education to enhance the country's national security and space program.
Educational assistance program; mass transit and parking benefits.
Java, J2EE, Spring, Struts, C, C++, PL/SQL, Maven
Phone interview; face-to-face panel interview (or panel phone interview for candidates out of town).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.