Summary of Role
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated AWS DevOps Engineer with significant experience in Linux, Windows, AWS, and DevOps Automation to be a key member of a small, skilled, results-oriented team of technology professionals. The role involves broad responsibility for maintaining and enhancing our AWS cloud environment. Duties include monitoring, optimization, automation, data maintenance, and support. The AWS DevOps Engineer should be a thought leader who designs and develops processes and systems to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within the NRCCUA technical space.
• Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and test AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support.
o Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design.
o Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
o Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
• Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
• Architect and implement reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services.
• Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they are creating.
• Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical production issues.
• A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS, Docker, Linux, Windows, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Node.JS, Python, the ELK stack, GitHub, JIRA & Confluence
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of experience with Linux administration and Windows 2008R2 / 2012.
• 3+ years of experience administering Amazon Web Services accounts and working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, etc).
• Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate just about everything.c
• Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
• Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform.
• Application Performance Monitoring and Log aggregation at scale
• Microservices infrastructure applications such as Service Discovery, Configuration Service, API Gateway.
• RDBMS experience such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
• NoSQL experience such as MongoDB.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• A solid Ops foundation – you are always thinking, “what happens if this fails?” when you build things.
• Experience working in an iterative-based development environment using Agile/SCRUM/Kanban.
• Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies.
• An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in systems architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant certifications are a plus.
• Be accurate and deliver quality. Have a “roll up your sleeves and dive in” attitude.
• Excellent, collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
• Adaptable and flexible in meeting demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
• Proactive – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
• Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
• Demonstrated proactivity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
• Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
• Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.
Education and Training
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.
• Certified Scrum Master is a plus
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The National Research Center for College and University Admissions is an educational data science and research organization serving over 1,800 member institutions comprised of public and private four-year colleges and universities across the nation. For 45 years, NRCCUA has been a leading provider of data, technology, and programs serving students, high school educators, four-year colleges and universities from its offices in Lee’s Summit, MO, Boston, MA, New York, NY, and Austin, TX. These solutions represent the link between students making important life decisions and those providing the resources and information they need to succeed in their post-secondary educations and careers. With the launch of its Encoura™ Data Lab, the company now combines data science, advanced analytics, research, predictive modeling and omnichannel enrollment services in one platform to enable institutions to make real-time strategic and operational decisions to meet their unique enrollment goals and create the highest probability of student success.
NRCCUA is now part of ACT. ACT is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people achieve education and workplace success. Headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa, ACT is trusted as the nation’s leader in college and career readiness, providing high-quality achievement assessments grounded in more than 50 years of research and experience. ACT offers a uniquely integrated set of solutions that help people succeed from elementary school through career, providing insights that unlock potential.
• Mission driven culture
• Paid holidays and unlimited PTO policy
• Generous benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life and Disability, HSA, FSA, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401k
• Casual dress
• Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals
AWS, Docker, Linux, Windows, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Node.JS, Python, the ELK stack, the MEAN stack, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
Starting with screening from Human Resources, followed by phone interviews, second interviews and even third interviews. In addition to the hiring manager, you make with leaders and other key stakeholders.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.