AWS DevOps Engineer (DevSecOps)
US Citizenship Required
Job Locations US-VA-McLean | US-DC-Washington | US-LA-Metairie | US-SC-Charleston
Category Software/Systems Engineering & Development
Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development, systems engineering, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Working closely with our development team to create an automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) system.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the build, deployment and monitoring standards for this customer.
- A part of Agile development teams to deliver an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Work closely with Product Owners, Developers, and external development teams to build and configure a high performing, scalable, cloud based infrastructure
- Create scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Build and configure delivery environments supporting CD/CI tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance
- Minimum total 4 years of related/equivalent professional IT infrastructure or SDLC experience
- 2+ years of professional experience deploying and monitoring web applications in AWS
- 2+ years experience with Jenkins (Jenkinsfiles), Docker & Docker Compose, Linux, Configuration Management tools (either Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack...etc.), and Kubernetes OR OpenShift
- Demonstrated experience with secure development, coding, engineering practices
- Experience with IaaS; implementing scalable cloud-based environments and systems; service-oriented architectures and microservices; deploying resilient, scalable, high-throughput systems that process large amounts of data
- Experience with fully automating CI/CD pipelines end-to-end, from code commits to production
- Experience with systems reliability, load balancing, monitoring, logging
- Security first mindset
- Have effective verbal and non-verbal communication with peers and clients
- Ability to work in an open team environment
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other similar field
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, SonarQube, Splunk, CloudWatch, New Relic, Bash, Python, Ruby, Groovy
- Prior experience with Department of Homeland Security OR USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Geocent family changes the world by creating unique technical to solve the nation’s most challenging problems. Come join Geocent to be a part of a positive culture as we strive towards Enabling Our Warfighters, Protecting the Homeland, Enabling Deep Space Exploration, Serving Our Veterans, Securing the Infrastructure, and Building the Cloud.
Geocent offers exciting and bold opportunities in information technology and engineering fields. We serve a diverse group of clients nationwide while staying true to our company culture. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package of benefits and perks aimed at assisting and supporting our employees professionally and personally.
For More Information, Visit https://www.geocent.com/careers/
• Ruby on Rails
• Team Managed Deployments
• Data Analytics
• Machine Learning
• Continuous Integration
• Data Scientists
• Elastic Search
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.