This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to join a small team within an established, profitable company developing a state-of-the-art platform for financial transaction processing (the next generation of a successful existing product). You’ll be contributing to the design of the platform and developing primarily with the latest versions of Kotlin, Java, and PostgreSQL on Linux on the server side; along with the possibility of some C#/.NET Core and TypeScript on the client side. You’ll be helping to analyze, design, develop, test, and support complex application software as you work directly with the Senior Director of Software Development and our development team in Manila (no travel required). We work out of a beautiful office building in the heart of Silicon Beach in the Los Angeles area, have additional offices in India and the Philippines, and offer full benefits including flex hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a key member of a small but strong, carefully chosen team working on the company’s core applications.
- Participating in design reviews to ensure a given release does not compromise the integrity or quality of the product.
- Understanding and enforcing all parts of the development lifecycle; including design, development, documentation, and testing.
- Digging deep into technical details to troubleshoot, optimize, and design and implement innovative software solutions.
- Solving tough technical challenges in a startup-like atmosphere with a highly collaborative team.
- Proactively eliminating roadblocks and successfully handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Required qualifications and skills:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years relevant work experience OR 10+ years relevant work experience (including 3+ years solid work experience in any combination of Java and Kotlin).
- Server-side expertise in modern Java and/or Kotlin on Linux, including experience with RESTful APIs and sockets.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with SQL, ideally PostgreSQL. Ability to build instances and database objects including the creation of tables, indexes, views, and stored procedures. Ability to access and manipulate databases programmatically using Java or Kotlin.
- Strong understanding of and experience with various methods for IPC.
- Experience with and understanding of parallel programming/concurrency.
- Familiarity and experience with SCCS and best practices, preferably with Git.
- Devotion to quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple design.
- Proven experience working with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to business leaders and customers along with marketing, development, quality assurance, and documentation teams.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Strong verbal, written, communication, and time management skills.
- Be self-driven and able to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion. (Obviously from these requirements, the ability to multitask is essential!)
- Have a creative approach to problem-solving and be resourceful and tenacious enough to find a solution when nothing seems to work.
- Passion and pride for building a great user experience.
- Strong leadership and the ability to mentor other engineers.
Desired qualifications and skills (pluses):
- Experience with TDD/BDD and unit testing.
- Ability to maintain, install, troubleshoot, and configure Linux (CentOS, Amazon Linux).
- Experience with ASP.NET Core
- Knowledge of the functional programming paradigm, especially as applied to Kotlin and/or Java.
- Experience with Reactive Programming.
- Experience with Vagrant, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with accounting systems.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
IQ BackOffice is an established leader in finance outsourcing, accounting outsourcing, and human resources outsourcing. We deliver customized solutions for transactional activities with our accounts payable outsourcing, accounts receivable outsourcing, and payroll outsourcing services; plus general accounting outsourcing and financial statement preparation to create a complete finance and accounting solution. Our proprietary, web-based Archimedes system integrates with, sits on top of and leverages clients’ existing accounting and other systems to automate their financial and human resources processes. Our current software ensures clients’ business rules are followed consistently and accurately, and lets clients review and approve transactions from any web-enabled device. You'll be working on our next-generation software that will literally redefine the way companies do business together.
IQ BackOffice’s clients range in size from mid-sized to multi-billion dollar public and private companies in industries that include restaurants and hospitality, real estate and property management, manufacturing and distribution, telecommunications, utilities, energy, financial services, professional services and others.
Established in 2002, IQ BackOffice has offices in Los Angeles, California; Manila, Philippines; and Chennai, India. IQ processes over $15 billion and 2.5 million financial transactions annually.
We'll be honest, you're not going to take this job because of free snacks, a ping pong dynasty, massages, or car washes. We offer good salaries, a 401(k), excellent health benefits, flex hours (within reason), and year-end bonuses; so the important things are all there. On top of that you'll have the opportunity to work with the latest development tools, have a significant part in shaping a new flagship product, and be working for an established, profitable, and stable company.
C#, Java, ECMAScript, TypeScript, .NET Core, Windows, Linux, Telerik, Docker, Kubernetes, NGINX, AWS, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Git
We have a small but growing development team in the U.S. As a candidate for a position at IQ BackOffice, your interview process will start with a phone interview with our Senior Director of Software Development to get a better sense of your background and passion for development. If that goes well, we'll invite you to our Los Angeles office (in El Segundo) to meet the team and get into more detail regarding the opportunity we're offering and how good of a fit you would be, both for us and for you. If we're in agreement with each other that we'd make a good match, we'll extend an offer within a day or two. If not, we'll let you know why instead of leaving you hanging.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.