The IT Actuary Systems team is seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated Big Data/ETL Developer to support Financial Reporting of Claims Case reserve activity and Statistical Reporting. In this role, you will design, develop, test, and implement ETL/ELT solutions in addition to developing complex queries to mine data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and the Big Data Platform. You must excel at working independently as well as part of a team, show an appropriate sense of urgency, multi-task across multiple projects, all while providing production support.
• Be part of a development team to build and maintain the ETL processes
• Analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment as well as future functionality and enhancements
• Develop, test, debug, document and help operationalize various ETL applications leveraging industry best practices
• Work closely and collaborate with various cross functional IT teams to identify, troubleshoot and fix data issues, and resolve data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business’s functional requirements
• Work collaboratively with team members and customers to gather and validate requirements as well as deliver features/enhancements
• Collaborate with architects, team leads and team members to architect and design solutions to meet functional and technical requirements
• Troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for 24/7 production support on a rotational basis
• Responsible for writing complex SQL queries for mining of operational data
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Relational Database Systems and Oracle PL/SQL
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience with manipulating and transforming large and complicated datasets
• Experience with developing, tuning and debugging code, stored procedures, functions and packages.
• Strong functional and analytical skills.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions
• Experience in Data Profiling
• 2+ years of experience in designing and developing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows using tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend or Apache Spark
• Work with large streams of data (>1TB.) in a large enterprise environment
• Experience in Linux/UNIX scripting and SQL
• Experience with Personal or Commercial auto insurance policy and claims systems
• Experience with TFS or GIT
• Experience with advanced Data Warehousing concepts and skills
• Experience with sourcing data across multiple platforms (Mainframe, FTP, Data Warehouse, ESB)
• Experience with JSON and XML
• Experience with SDLC/Waterfall/Agile methodologies and developing Project Artifacts
• Experience with Application Systems and Data Analysis
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.