The primary role of the Business Analyst, eCommerce position is to improve site experience and performance metrics by applying analytics and business insights to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Converting their insights of ecommerce technology, business operation, customer experience and data analytics into product vision, driving the program roadmap and growth of the eCommerce business. Responsible for strategic planning, execution and support of the ecommerce platforms. The successful candidate will bring good business experience and business acumen, applying those talents to areas within product management, UX, marketing, merchandising, and IT to guide insightful and action-oriented projects on our scientific equipment eCommerce marketplace.
Core responsibilities will also include managing all web analytics tools, systems, and reporting. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience as well as the curiosity to develop a keen understanding of how customers behave across our platform. While previous experience in these fields is certainly beneficial, we are comfortable working with strong business-minded individuals and encourage anyone who has experience in even a few of the listed talents to apply.
- Develop and implement digital engagement strategy in order to improve website performance
- Work with the sales team to develop and manage client success of our marketplace sellers and advertising partners
- Manage the Customer Experience team with effective coaching and hands-on guidance, and champion great team spirit
- Collaborate with the web programming and IT team to enhance user experience and develop innovative web products
- Define User Experience (UX) improvements and leverage marketing and graphic design teams to define and build great guest experiences across multiple platforms
- Oversee delivery of digital programs including email marketing, SEO/PPC, digital display, HubSpot, etc. making data-driven recommendations necessary to improve SEO strategy
- Develop dashboards and basic reports that simplify the reporting process; provide reports on key website metrics, including ad listings, seller success, and advertiser campaign progress
- Manage direct channel growth and optimization (i.e. website, emails, and social media, etc.)
- Utilize competitive data to identify new opportunities and improve current initiatives
- Troubleshoot customer problems and escalated issues
- Stay current with eCommerce trends in B2B and industrial markets to evolve understanding and adapt strategic direction
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web marketing, eCommerce, customer experience or related fields
- Scientific, technical product, or B2B experience is preferred
- Post secondary degree in marketing, communications, master's in science/mathematics, consumer studies, computer science, business management, or related disciplines
- Solid understanding of intuitive site functionality design, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, UI/UX, and navigation
- Keen eye for web product development
- Experience with HTML, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HubSpot
- Ability to create wireframes and concept prototypes is an asset
- Strong marketing/digital marketing, analytical skills, eCommerce and SEO experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to present information clearly to small groups/previous experience in managing teams preferred
- Good project management and organizational skills, able to guide projects effectively
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.