Does this get you excited?
Living in Reno, getting a great salary and flexible hours. And more importantly, no commute and no parking problems, because you will be working out of your home office!
* Note that if you don’t want to work from a home office, we will cover the cost of membership in a co-working environment.
About the Role
Iridium technology is an 8-year old global software firm that thinks it is still a startup. Our 30+ employees are based around the world, and all working out of home offices. That’s right – we are a 100% virtual company. We are a premier provider of BI solutions for law firms. Our company is experiencing rapid growth, and we need to add another BI Consultant/Developer to our team. You will be joining an elite group, and we only hire ‘spectacular’ candidates. We offer excellent salaries and a home office-based employment.
The position of BI Consultant/Developer requires candidates with very strong development skills. This is a client-facing role, so excellent communication skills are also a must. We are looking for applicants who are entrepreneurial, incredibly bright, organized, focused, creative problem solvers, able to work independently, extremely hard-working, and who embrace the home office-based lifestyle.
If you are looking for a relaxing job where you can work 8-5 Monday through Friday, then this is not the job for you. The Iridium work experience is fast-paced and high intensity. You will be a member of team of extremely talented and highly skilled technical employees. We all bring our ‘whatever it takes attitude’ to solving both technical and client issues. You will be empowered to showcase your technical skills and grit on a daily basis. You will be given massive responsibility and be expected to independently manage yourself. We can promise overtime, late nights, and even some weekend work. But we can also promise a great sense of achievement, and the flex-time and unlimited benefits that make it all worthwhile. Are you a hard-charger? If so, you will fit right in. If not, then please toss this offer and apply elsewhere.
The role encompasses a combination of consulting and development duties, including:
• Client-facing resource: work directly with our law firm clients to implement and support Iridium BI products
• Report/dashboard design and development
• Manage client product implementations and projects to successful outcomes
• Requirements gathering, both for development projects and consulting/implementation projects
• Design, code, deploy, and test client-specific customizations and enhancements
• Design, code, deploy, and test Iridium BI product features and enhancements
• Development of software tools for internal use
• Technical investigations
• Client support/training
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
• Strong development skills and experience. Our technologies are SQL Server (relational database, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS), HTML5, Angular JS, C# and others. While we prefer experience with these technologies, we will consider developers that are familiar with other technologies – our thinking is that hard-core coders can learn any technology stack.
• Excellent written/oral communications skills
• Strong experience in Legal IT (ADERANT, Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E) is a big plus, but is not required
Iridium provides a great environment for developers to learn new technologies and show off their skills. First of all, this is a company that is run by developers. 25 out of our 30 employees have degrees in Computer Science or IT. We love to code, design architectures, streamline processes, and are relentlessly striving for constant improvement. We have modern/relevant technology stack, and we are moving aggressively into implementing the Microsoft Azure BI/AI capabilities. Each developer is assigned to a team with 4-5 members, and collaborative programming and collaborative problem-solving are highly encouraged. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies and extend your knowledge of Iridium’s products. We offer a very agile and empowered environment – if you have a great idea, speak up and present it to the team. If the team loves your idea, then we will look for you to implement it.
Iridium is an 8-year old company that thinks it is still a startup. What is nice is that we have the startup attitude, but also offer stable and long-term employment with a company that has positive cash flow and is not concerned about running out of money. We offer the start-up mindset, but without the fear that we will close our doors next month.
If you are looking for a relaxing job where you can work 8-5 Monday through Friday, then this is not the job for you. The Iridium work experience is fast-paced and high intensity. You will be a member of a team of extremely talented and highly skilled technical employees. We all bring our “whatever it takes attitude” to solving both technical and client issues. You will be empowered to showcase your technical skills and grit on a daily basis. You will be given massive responsibility and be expected to independently manage yourself. We can promise overtime, late nights, and even some weekend work. But we can also promise a great sense of achievement, and a supportive team environment that makes it all worthwhile. Are you a hard-charger? If so, you will fit right in and you will love working here.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.