About the job
You will work across a wide range of the Councils services, to develop redesigned business processes, ensuring that the Councils digital platform and other technology is used effectively to deliver the vision of the Digital Strategy. You will also implement business change through shaping future processes; ensuring that both financial and non-financial benefits are captured, realised and embedded.
1. Design and facilitate workshops, interacting with the multi-disciplined team, to facilitate discussions on feasibility of process redesign and ensure solutions align to the Councils Principles of Transformation.
2. Gather and articulate detailed business and technical requirements, documenting them accurately, to ensure all requirements are clear and valid to contribute to a well-defined business processes.
3. Collate and analyse qualitative and quantitative data and support others to interpret this data, with an aim to identify opportunities for efficiencies and demonstrate the benefits of process redesign.
4. Use standard process modelling techniques to create ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ business processes in the Engage Process Modeller, detailing work flow, data flow (and origin) and system interactions.
5. Assist in the production of Gateway reports to the Project Level team and represent the Design team in Project meetings, to report on research findings, data analysis and re-designed processes. Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support the business in maximising benefit from the Customer Access Programme.
6. Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to provide collective insights in to the Customer Journey. Translate user stories and propose design approaches to meet customer needs and engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with customers.
7. Work with the Councils Information Systems team to successfully support the delivery of redesigned processes, systems and other technology projects and support the development of effective and fit for purpose business analysis methodologies, tools and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s C grade and above (must include English & Maths) or equivalent
Understanding of local authority business processes
Confident in use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We are a pro-business Council ambitious for growth and transformation. We are committed to digital inclusion and providing a range of services to meet the needs of our customers, residents, staff, visitors, businesses, partners and elected members.
Sedgemoor District Council aims to create opportunity - whether that be in more housing, new, higher paid jobs - a place to grow and learn. We are keen to deliver our plans and strategies to meet local needs, whilst embracing the challenges and opportunities from the nationally-significant infrastructure project - Hinkley Point C. Our main challenge is to reduce deprivation and increase prosperity, so that our residents have an improved quality of life.
At Sedgemoor District Council, we have a strong sense of pride in our district and put the community at the heart of everything we do, respecting the needs, wellbeing and diversity of the communities we serve. Members and Officers are expected to carry out their role with dedication, excellence and commitment to the council's core values:
'Honesty' - being truthful and open,
'Integrity' - holding ourselves to the highest standards,
'Aspiration' - setting high standards and stretching to exceed them and
'Teamwork' - being supportive of each other, our community and our partners.
Sedgemoor District Council is transforming how we provide services to our customers and how we work by embracing new technology.
As well as competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits including:
•Training and development opportunities
•Career average pension scheme
•Flexible leave and working arrangements
•Discounted car parking
•On site café (in our larger locations)
•Cycle 2 Work scheme
•Health and well-being programme with Oasis
Sedgemoor uses C#, MS SQL, JBASE and a variety of databases
Once we have received a CV and personal statement from candidates our People team redact any personal information before forwarding information to the recruiting manager who will the shortlist based on criteria in the Role Profile.
The process varies and may consist of a short telephone interview to assess technical competence as well as face to face interview, presentations and any other relevant tools that help s to assess who the best candidate is for the role being advertised.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.