As a CAD Designer at VirTeca you will support the development plans and detail drawings of material handling equipment and systems. As a CAD Operator, you will be deeply involved with the cost and scope estimation process, and work closely with the sales team, the application and design engineers, and with project managers.
VirTeca is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) machine builder and integrator, focused on the needs of the parcel handling industry (Conveyors, robotics, scanners, controllers, and software). Our team, which holds more than 75 years of combined experience, comprises focused and highly dedicated engineers who strive to deliver top tier and creative product solutions in our market. We deploy newest Industry 4.0 technologies in our products and expect to always be a decade ahead of the rest of the industry in terms of innovation.
VirTeca offers a work environment that is professional, exciting, and customer focused, with a management group and support structure that is very intentional about equipping all the members of our team to succeed while enjoying their job. As part of this effort, we provide exceptional benefits, supportive, collaborative based management, and rapid advancement. VirTeca’s commitment to personal growth, life balance and personal support includes such innovations as looking to the team itself to provide the design of a new and innovative work environment based on providing spaces, furnishings and features that promote friendly and open collaboration, entertaining breaks, and promotion of individual, guest and team enjoyment. All of this is supported by experienced management and a support structure designed to motivate, while bringing the absolute highest quality of products and level of support to our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as required.
• Participate in design meetings to understand and help shape our products
• Provide accurate mechanical, electrical and layout drawings per specifications
• Work with sales team to provide conceptual design layouts, material take-off, and cost estimation
• Ensure and uphold relevant code compliance throughout the design process
• Maintain drawing templates, revisions and libraries
• To represent VirTeca in a manner that is professional, kind, respectful, responsive, and of the highest integrity to our customer. Treating all associated people, customers, vendors, and suppliers with respect and courtesy at all times, while maintaining the progress of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list).
• Mechanically inclined, detail oriented and have a talent for drawing
• Knowledgeable of drawing software for creating 2D and 3D computer drawings (SolidWorks a must, AutoCAD knowledge a plus)
• Excellent communication skills and superior computer skills
• Strong math skills, particularly algebra and geometry
• Possess the ability to envision a finished product
• Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels and with the public; ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult or sensitive situations; ability to work effectively as part of a team to ensure team and business goals are met effectively and efficiently; ability to work independently when required, working effectively without supervision; ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels and with the public.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
• Relevant degree or 3+ years of working CAD experience
• Previous experience with cost estimation is a huge plus
VirTeca is focused on contributing to the life and family of the VirTeca team. This commitment is evident in the way we invest in and treat each other, in our care in supporting our customers, and in the provision of support and benefits we provide our staff. As an example of some of our benefits, VirTeca provides:
• Competitive salary and compensation
• Excellent insurance benefits (Medical, dental, vision and life insurance)
• 401 (k) plan
• Generous holidays
• Generous and growing vacation benefits
• Performance and/or profit based bonuses
• On-going training
• Educational assistance compensation
• VirTeca considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
• All applicants will be subject to background screening and personal testing, which may include personality, communication, intelligence, skills and other relevant evaluations, prior to and after hire.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.