The Private Cloud team is responsible for deploying and supporting the private cloud platforms used by our application development teams. Our platforms provide VM and Kubernetes technology consumed through APIs to drive a self-service model. The person filling this role is an engineer eager to learn the inner workings of containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift and maintain a highly performant and reliable cloud platform on our Containers-as-a-Service (CaaS) team.
Our CaaS cloud serves many application teams and provides a self-service model that allows application teams to deploy Kubernetes-based applications. The ability to work at scale is a key component of this role. We balance planned, long-running projects and the daily requests for aid from application teams using our cloud. The ability to quickly learn how containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift works and contribute to the success of those application teams is a key component of this role.
As a team member, you should embody our organizational values: a bias for action, seeking continuous improvement and agile delivery, taking work seriously but not yourself too seriously, and a commitment to succeeding as a team.
We are interested in attracting a range of candidates with a wide variety of backgrounds. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Support the daily operations of the Comcast CaaS cloud using a customercentric focus
- Deploy code and configuration changes to the platform on both a regular and asneeded basis
- Aid in the monitoring and alerting infrastructure of CaaS, responding to alerts as needed
- Participate in team meetings to review customer requests and upcoming platform feature changes
- Respond to customer requests for cloud capacity or general troubleshooting aid
- Respond to urgent, escalated after-hours production incidents as necessary
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.