Company Overview: DTSI is a leader in the systems engineering and IT services industry. With nearly four decades of experience providing quality technical support services and solutions to a diverse customer base, DTSI applies time-tested skills, knowledge, and abilities in the management of its projects and contracts. DTSI also possesses a wide range of capabilities from software development to telecommunications and network support to legacy system migration and system modernization.
Position Overview: Become the lead technical support for an Amazon Web Services deployed application by supporting internal and external customers on cloud platforms. You’ll work with customers and other technical teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. Be the first point of contact for handling customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents. You’ll develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, create cloud processes, and provide mentoring on customer related issues to DTSI technical team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate on the execution of the product design and architectural roadmaps.
• Work with the product owner and customer to provide technical insight and guidance into the product roadmap.
• Work with multiple engineering teams, and multi-functional partners.
• Adhere to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best practices.
• Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to standard methodologies.
• Review process, components and dependencies with the architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
• Focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the teams.
• Stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
• Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; champion a culture of openness, collaboration and innovation.
• Design and develop core extensions to an innovative web application framework.
• Be a standout colleague, who is passionate about development, and is anxious to learn from other high-level developers.
• Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
• Able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
• Experience automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers.
• Experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef (directly or via AWS OpsWorks), Puppet, Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt, or other such tools.
• Experience working at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java. Proficient with git and git workflows.
• Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
• Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment.
• Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications.
• Strong Linux skills, while being comfortable working in both RHEL and Debian based environments.
• Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers, database, caching, and database services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
• Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and common APIs.
• Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and Cloud.
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservices-style and cloud based application architectures.
• Containerization experience with applications deployed on Docker or Kubernetes.
• Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform.
• Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (Prefer Masters) in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study
• Five years of relative professional experience
• AWS Certification is preferred
Inclusion and Diversity: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance and/or a Position of Trust.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.