Job ID #: IRC27548 Location: Las Vegas, NV
Functional Area: Sales Operations
Position Type: Full Time Regular
Business Unit: Gaming
Are you ready to level up your career? At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
The primary responsibility of the Configuration Engineer is to design, develop and test Configuration Models using Oracle E-business Suite ERP Module: Oracle Configurator and other related Modules like Oracle Inventory (INV) and Oracle Bills of Material (BOM).
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with development, manufacturing engineering teams and gather the information on Product Structure and Business Rules for the Electronic Gaming Machines (EGMs) used in Casinos. This information is gathered for both the New Product Introductions (NPIs) and Enhancements to existing Products.
• Design the Oracle Bill of Material (BOM), Guided Selling Questions, Rules and User Interface for setup in Oracle E-business Suite ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
• Setup Items and BOM in Oracle ERP Configurator Instance using the knowledge of Oracle Applications Modules: Oracle Inventory (INV) and Oracle Bills of Material (BOM).
• Import the BOM into Oracle Configurator Module (CZ Schema) and Setup Guided Selling Questions, Rules and User Interface for Configuring the EGMs by the end users (Sales and Order Management Teams) in an easy and effective way.
• Using Oracle Applications Product Information Management (PIM) Module, create Catalogs, Attribute Groups, Attributes, Item Pages, and Display Formats in Oracle Configurator Instance.
• Use the attributes in Oracle PIM module for creating Property Based Compatibility (PBC) Rules in Oracle Configurator Module.
• Use the best practices in Oracle Configurator Module that will help in reducing the number of rules and better maintainability of the rules.
• Create Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) in Agile Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) to create BOM for Pick to Order (PTO) and Assemble to Order (ATO) Models and Option Classes. Transfer the BOM to Oracle ERP by implementing the ECOs.
• Develop and execute test cases on the Models developed in Oracle Configurator to make sure the correct items appear in the product configurations. This will help in improving the order accuracy and reduce the BOM errors.
• Work on the changes to Oracle Configurator Models, which are already in Oracle like introducing new Guided Selling Questions, updating the BOM and Rules. Focus on quality and release milestones.
• Publish the Models from Oracle Configurator to Oracle Order Management (OM) Module and Oracle Quoting Module after the new Models or changes to existing Models are tested in standalone Configurator.
• Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for the issues in Oracle Configurator Rules raised by Sales Order Management team and resolve any potential issues.
• Setup demos of new Models developed in Oracle Configurator Models to make sure the Guided Selling Questions, Rules and User Interface are setup as per the requirements.
• Propose changes to the existing process to support fast and accurate Oracle Configurator Model Development.
Other Duties and Responsibilities :
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Work Experience & Certifications/Licenses:
• Expert in using Oracle Configurator Module for developing, testing and publishing Configurator Models
• Experience of 5 Years or more in using Oracle E-business Suite
• Experience in Oracle Inventory, Oracle Bill of Material (BOM), Oracle Order Management (OM) Modules
• Experience in Oracle Product Information Management (PIM) Module
• Experience in using Agile Product Life Cycle Management (PLM)
• Intermediate level skills in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Access)
• Detailed knowledge of Item Master and Bills of Material concepts
• Strong knowledge in the composition, implementation and logical impacts of Engineering Change Orders in the Oracle system
• Good understanding of manufacturing routings, work orders, etc.
• Expert in writing of configurator rules (logic, property based compatibility, design charts, basic statement, etc.)
• Strong time management, analytical and problem solving skills
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
• Must be detail oriented and well organized
• Ability to work independently with limited direction
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to complete assigned tasks on time with high quality
• Office environment
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.