Our client is currently seeking a Configuration manager, located in Suitland, MD. The candidate must have strong build management and software configuration management experience and will provide software configuration management support to development and production support teams. Candidate will ensure that CM policies procedures are being followed by development teams as well provide best practices recommendations for process improvements.
• Experience in building and releasing software applications in a controlled environment with an understanding of full life-cycle configuration management activities, while performing related system administration activities.
• Responsible for validating and maintaining operational control of Production system configurations and software baselines.
• Coordinates with technical leads to schedule system downtimes and release schedules and ensure proper configuration control of all system changes.
• Proficient in developing and implementing configuration management processes.
• Working knowledge of software change control best practices and methodologies.
• Understanding of configuration management's role in a development environment.
• Experience with configuration management tools as an administrator, preferably Tortoise Subversion.
• Ability to interpret technical material.
• Experience and understanding of .NET technologies preferred.
• Solid understanding and experience with version control systems, change management systems and documentation management systems; such as Serena Business Manager, Remedy.
• Good understanding and experience with databases, SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Experience with Window, Server, IIS and SQL Server.
• Full life-cycle experience (design through delivery and support), developing and improving CM standards, practices and procedures.
• Familiar with Configuration Management concepts, build framework design and architecture.
• Provide design and implementation guidance and tutoring as necessary to team members in best practices, tool use, and quality assurance.
• Identify and implement innovative solutions to present and future customer needs; this includes deriving requirements from customer interactions.
• Promote awareness and acceptance of the Software Configuration Management process.
• Ensures appropriate security and access levels to the Configuration Management System.
• Perform Software Configuration Management audits to ensure SCM processes are being followed, environments are kept in sync, configuration items are being built as required and supporting documentation is complete.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree.
• 6-8 years of Configuration Management experience.
• Effective communications skills (oral and written).
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with version control software, such as Subversion.
• Experience with development environments and tools, such as Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio.
• Experience with various environments, such as Linux, Solaris, Unix, Windows, Oracle.
• Experience with build automation software is nice to have.
• Experience with change management software, such as Serena Business Manager.
• Good technical writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a closely-knit team.
• Strong customer service skills.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.