Trace Systems is actively recruiting for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our based on-site at Scott AFB, IL.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform cyber threat analysis on the DoD network
- Perform network traffic analysis using packet capture programs
- Perform regular audits to ensure security practices are compliant
- Respond to alerts and identify malicious threats on the DoD network
- Upgrade network sensors and Security Information and Event Management systems as new threats are discovered
- Manage IDS and IPS devices
- Manage firewalls
- Report findings to USCYBERCOM for review
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years of Cyber Security or Information Assurance related experience.
- -Active, in-scope US Government issued Top Secret clearance.
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ce, CCNA-Security, CySA+, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors.
- Demonstrated Understanding methods of exploitation and of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk).
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture software, Host-Based Forensics, or Network Forensics.
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods.
- Unix/Linux command line experience.
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Willingness to perform shift work.
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP, CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification. (CISSP or equivalent).
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Bachelor's degree
- Additional experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.