Provide advanced detection and troubleshooting support for the more complex, high impact escalated cyber events/incidents in a 24/7/365 Cyber Security Operations Center. Lead the analysis and response to critical threats and events in the day-to-day monitoring of NFCU’s global technology environment, and providing technical support. Works under minimal supervision.
* Please note current shift opportunities will change based on Business Needs
Current shift opportunities include after hours support for the 1st shift:
Location: HQ – Vienna, VA or GPO – Pensacola, FL;
Wednesday - Friday; 6AM - 630PM EST
Every other Tuesday; 6AM - 230PM EST
• Perform in-depth analysis, response and remediation on cyber incidents; determine course of action in compliance with the appropriate operational level agreements
• Provide independent thinking and real-time decision making to diagnose and analyze high severity escalated incidents ensuring critical response and remediation
• Perform in-depth analysis, monitoring, research, assessment and recommendations on Intrusion detection and prevention tools, anomaly detection systems, firewalls, antivirus systems and proxy devices
• Develop content to implement countermeasures in response to potential or identified cyber threats and attacks based on incident response activities
• Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and make recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
• Leverage commercial and open source tools to quickly analyze, detect, and respond to cyber security incidents
• Develop and maintain documentation of more complex threats and incidents to enhance event monitoring and incident response function and cyber tools
• Develop internal documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior analysts (as applicable)
• Communicate shift turnover materials (e.g., ongoing incidents) to coworkers
• Execute daily ad-hoc tasks or lead small projects
• Perform other duties as assigned or appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, cyber security, or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
• Advanced knowledge of operating systems and networking
• Experience with security architectures, devices, proxies, and firewalls
• Experience with Security Tools related to Enterprise Log Management, IDP/IDS, Antivirus, Firewalls, Proxies, DLP, Forensic Analysis and SIEM solutions
• Experience in analyzing security event logs and correlating events
• Ability to identify gaps in security monitoring and drive process improvements
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective critical thinking, research, and problem solving skills
• Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill working with all levels of management, supervisors, stakeholders and vendors
• Able to work collaboratively with others on time sensitive incidents
• Experience in a SOC environment
• Experience in host-based forensic and malware analysis
• GCIA, GCIH, Security+ or comparable Information Security certifications
• Working knowledge of IT Security Standards and Frameworks including ISO and NIST
Bank Secrecy Section:
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
We reserve the right to fill this role at the same or a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.