· Manage Redshift/Spectrum/EMR infrastructure, and drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
· Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
· Design, implement, automate, and monitor data pipelines
· Develop Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Redshift/Spectrum/EMR jobs to design and generate business metrics
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development, analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related IT fields, with 1+ years in data engineering
· Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
· Experience in data visualization software (Tableau/Quicksight) or open-source projects
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related technical field
· 1+ years of experience in implementing big data processing technology (Hadoop, etc.)
· Strong ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insights for a consumer business
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.)
· Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR (or equivalent with other cloud-based technologies)
· Experience and interest in statistical analysis would be highly useful
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
Employee assistance program; stock options; adoption assistance; employee discount.
PostgreSQL, C, C++, C#, AWS, Java, Python, Ruby, Linux, Unix
Tech screen prior to conversation with hiring manager; extensive onsite with possible second round.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.