Our client is a leader in education research, and we are excited to be recruiting for a Data Engineering Manager that will be part of their team.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff
• Oversees daily workflow of Data Engineering teams
• Creates and maintains development plans for Data Engineering teams, ensuring alignment to roadmap activity and strategic initiatives
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations, handling discipline and termination of employees as needed in accordance with company policy
• Identifies, develops, establishes and maintains all data-related standards, processes and procedures, ensuring they are aligned to Operations, Development, Security and Architecture guidelines
• Works with Reliability Team, to assess current and projected database performance and recommends changes/enhancements
• Ensures integrity of database system by developing, documenting, and enforcing security procedures and access controls in cooperation with Information Security and Architecture teams.
• Ensures project and department milestones and goals are met on time and within budget.
• Acts as a point of escalation and resolution for data-related issues
• Working knowledge of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL database technologies
• Experience with AWS database – especially DynamoDB and RDS
Education and Experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Systems Management or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Previous Technology Management experience is required
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is desired
• Experience with the following is highly desirable: AWS Management (particularly DynamoDB and RDS), Puppet, New Relic, Python, Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Demonstrated analytical abilities, diagnostic skills and technical aptitude
WE DO NOT ACCOMMODATE CORP to CORP CANDIDATES
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.