Data Scientist, Proagrica
Proagrica is looking for a Data Scientist to join its expanding Agility team (http://proagrica.com/agility/). This represents an exciting opportunity to join a company at the forefront of agricultural data and analysis services.
Data Scientists form a key part of the Agility team, working closely with both business analysis and software development. As well as building predictive models and ensuring they are properly deployed, they are also responsible for the design of new data processing procedures and large-scale investigative projects that can inform the farming practices of the whole country.
Because of this broad remit, the right candidate will be expected to possess skills in internal and external business analysis, data manipulation & exploration, predictive modelling, visualisation and process evaluation to provide key insights to both Proagrica and our clients. In addition, they will use their knowledge of advanced data manipulation tools and processes to build and share awareness of such techniques into the wider group.
• Understand a range of internal and external agricultural datasets, schemas and structures so they can be integrated and applied to business problems.
• Build feature extraction models, ETL processes, analytical and statistical models.
• Create analytical models based on the combination of current and future data sets. Assist in their deployment and design monitoring processes.
• Work with the team to understand user goals and requirements alongside global stakeholders and customers.
• Work with the business teams to produce data visualisations and insight reports for both internal and external clients.
• Work with Product Development to provide data and insights to support product development.
• Summarise and communicate conclusions and solutions to analytic and non-analytic stakeholders.
• Provide technical support and be a resource to internal and external personnel.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Experience in data extraction and querying tools such as (but not limited to) SQL, Spark, HPCC.
• Experience in one or more programming languages, especially: R, Python, Julia, Matlab or similar.
• Good understanding of statistical and machine learning methods applied to data analysis, including both predictive and exploratory approaches.
• Experience of working in a data-centric environment or on analytics projects, either through advanced education or employment.
• An excellent communicator, open to receiving feedback and able to clearly explain the rationale behind design choices.
• Quick to understand project and client needs.
• Knowledge of managing, manipulating and transforming data from a variety of sources.
• Willingness to manage and mentor new members of the team if required.
So who are RBI and Proagrica?
RBI is a global online data and information business cited amongst the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’. We have an international portfolio of market leading brands (including Proagrica, ICIS, Accuity and Flight Global) that spans Western Europe, North America, China, Singapore, Australia and beyond; we are also part of the FTSE100 RELX Group, a global media and publishing group with a history spanning several hundred years and revenues in the region of $10bn.
As one of the fastest growing brands within RBI, Proagrica is a leading multi-media information service for farmers and agriculture businesses online, in print and face-to-face. It provides news, market prices, technical advice, opinion and vital interactive services for farm businesses.
How important is technology to Proagrica?
Technology is a central part of the Proagrica business. The technology team develop and maintain the online products that help UK farm and rural businesses effectively manage business records and meet legislative, cross compliance and performance management requirements. We provide news and views about the business of farming. Proagrica magazine provides topical technical information from independent experts, designed to help farmers manage their businesses more effectively. We use modern technologies, work almost exclusively in the cloud and focus on agile development approaches.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.