SHINE Systems is seeking a Developer/Data Scientist who possesses a strong background in data mining, data analysis, aggregation, fusion, and visualization. The successful candidate will conduct all-source analyses and implement innovative methodologies to support scientific and technical assessments of military ground forces research, systems, and operations for U.S. Government clients. Tasks will include providing all-source assessments, responding to requests for information, entering data into databases, and contributing to Government products such as briefings, assessments, and reports.
- Coding experience in R and MatLab is required. Coding experience in Python is added bonus.
- Tagging/labeling/parsing/indexing unstructured text data.
- Processing text data indexed for Bibliometric Analysis Tool (BAT)
- Supervised and unsupervised clustering of text data.
- Experience working collaboratively with STEM experts and knowledge/familiarity of technical language
- Must possess strong communication skills and be versatile
- Experience processing, tagging, and indexing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sets
- Experience developing research designs, formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key variables, choosing and implementing appropriate methodologies.
- Proficient in creating mathematical models and coding in R and Matlab
- Experienced manipulating data sets and interpreting findings using a mix of programs (e.g., Matlab, R) and statistical techniques
- Intermediate to expert in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using text/web analytics for word searches; bibliometric analysis tools
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience using Kibana visualization tools
- Experience with “Big Data” (parallel processing power and options for handling analysis)
- Ability to understand retrieval processes in Microsoft SQL or experience working in SQL
- Experience reviewing and assessing military ground technologies
- Experience with all-source assessments for intelligence agencies.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science with 5+years of experience; MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science with at least 3 years of experience is desired
- Active TS/SCI required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.