HP-OMi/NNMi and VSM/NetExpert Position
This position will be a part of the Network Systems Development team focusing on the development within the HP Operation Manager i & Network Node Manager i and VSM/NetExpert applications, primarily focused on data collection, analysis, and interpretation and applying descriptive, predictive and prescriptive algorithms for the presentation of data to the Network Operation Centers and regions.
Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets, feeding automation and self-service tools.
Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements
Understand complex data sets using HPOV Framework. Must be able to interpret and decode various messaging protocols such as SNMP, Kafka, TCP, HTTP, JSON, XML. Work with the lead developer to implement microservice, support testing efforts, and deploy services.
• Design and develop Data Collection / Fault Management Solutions using HP OMi/NNMi and VSM/NetExpert applications
• Configure and implement analytical solutions regarding correlation opportunities. Can be identified through Machine Learning where available.
• Develop alarming on new types of network devices modify rule set implementations, and supporting HP OMi/NNMi application upgrade and existing device types upgrade in the network.
• Work on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices.
• Utilize programming skills to analyze, build (code) and test new alarm functionality per technical specifications.
• Develop application support documentation as required by the network application support team.
• Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
• Facilitate/lead reviews of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
• Lead regularly scheduled requirements/status meetings with key stakeholders
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of experience in data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures, Business Intelligence domain including data mining, data visualization and Machine Learning.
• 8+ years of experience with the HP OMi/NNMi applications including writing rulesets for alarming on network elements
• Analyzing large volume of data
• Hands on experience with databases: Oracle / MySQL / Hadoop
• Hands on experience with messaging: Kafka or Pulsar
• Experience with HP OMi/NNMi OSS application
• Experience with IT technologies to include exposure to development projects with Unix, Linux as well as relational and graph databases.
• Scripting on Unix/Linux platforms using sed, perl and awk,
• Familiarity with CI/CD and following tools: Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Jira
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills are required
• Knowledge of MYCOM-OSI NetExpert/VSM
• Knowledge of software development in DevOps and Agile
• Working knowledge of collaboration tools like Confluence
• Solid understanding of deployed networks and alarming
• Network Management experience/exposure for IP, Transmission, Switching, Wireless/Mobile
• Experience with Protocol Analysis, Packet Capture and Wireshark tools
• 8 years working with the Linux OS preferred
• 8 years Application Development and Scripting Experience preferred
• B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.