Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Warehouse ETL Developer designs, tests,implements, maintains and controls the Mount Sinai Data Warehouse, with theoverarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinicalcare.
The incumbent will develop and transformdatabases and data marts across multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., Relational,Columnar, NoSQL) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributedsystems, cloud) for Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources andprojects. The incumbent will design, develop and manages these resources in ahigh performance computing and data warehousing environment, utilizing athorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices. Specific responsibilities are listed below:
· Designs, tests, implements, maintains andcontrols Mount Sinai’s research-oriented Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and otherassociated Research Databases for researchers and clinicians for grant fundedprojects. This includes major national and regional projects and data sharinginitiatives such as the NIEHS-funded national Children’s Health ExposureAnalysis Resource (CHEAR) and the data submissions and study support for theNYC-Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN).
· Works closely with technical management andresearcher-clients to design and implement databases and database support toolsin support of complex business application development requirements andprocesses (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments,software, hardware, tools, etc.).
· Approaches all relationships with a world-classcustomer service approach. Maintains a customer-focused approach with users toprovide solutions that are science/research-driven.
· Supports, designs and manages upgrades toSinai-developed software that interacts with these databases, such as theCohort Query Tool.
· Monitors transaction activities and assists inthe utilization of databases. ETL maintenance and job monitoring is required.On-call support is sometimes required.
· Responsible for the integrity and security ofdata in Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
· Work with other IT professionals through MountSinai effectively. Comply with the Institutional Review Board and HIPAA tofollow all applicable policies and procedures.
· Assists in the development of standards andprocedures affecting database management, design and maintenance.
· Establishes and maintains databases for usertests and production purposes.
· Performance Tuning of Database Schemas,Databases, SQL, ETL Jobs, and related scripts.
· Trains user groups on procedures and standards.
· Must have flexibility to learn and embrace adynamic environment, which could include other database and pipelinetechnologies (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, various ETL toolssuch as SSIS and SAP BODS, Kafka, cloud database services, etc.) and othercoding/scripting languages.
· May act as a project leader.
· Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a relateddiscipline; Advanced degree preferred.
· Five years minimum experience in the design andadministration of logical and relational databases and ETL processes in diversetechnological environments.
· Strong ETL development experience required (SAPBusiness Objects Data Services is a strong plus. SSIS or Azure Data Factory isa plus).
· Database Administration background is required(schema design, DDL and DML tuning, database configuration, performancetuning).
· Strong SQL analysis skills required (Oracle,PostgreSQL, and/or MS SQL Server is required).
· Scripting experience (shell, Python, PERL, orsimilar) is a strong plus.
· Healthcare data knowledge is a strong plus.
· HL7 Interface knowledge is a plus.
· Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) isa plus.
· Must understand the systems development processand have a solid understanding of business processes. Requires excellentanalytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment andthe ability to work effectively with clients and other IT management and staff.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driverfor excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patientcare. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, inoutlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’sunrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionizemedicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to createa welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally.We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise,can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us writea new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount SinaiHealth System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamlesscoordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, andoutreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combinesthe excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with sevenpremier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai BethIsrael Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West(formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye andEar Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. Wepromote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and wework to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race,gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Oracle: 5 years (Required)
ETL development: 5 years (Required)
SSIS, Talend, or Azure Data Factory: 5 years (Required)
Healthcare: 5 years (Required)
SQL: 5 years (Required)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.