We are looking for someone who loves database work and can leverage their DevOps skills to collaborate directly with internal business teams to support our application services and ensure optimum configuration of servers within our environments. In this role, you’ll be a hybrid between administering, consulting and developing databases and data storage solutions. You will be responsible for innovative ways to improve performance and scalability. At WideOrbit, we know that a role like Database Engineering is a creative one, and we have plenty of opportunity to let your visions and ideas come to light.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design, deploy, and support database and data storage hardware and cloud configurations to
optimize price and performance for WideOrbit environments.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including in-depth technical analysis, troubleshooting,
analyzing, root cause and engaging appropriate SME’s as needed to drive incident and problem
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide documentation and training expertise for internal clients.
- Provide on-call support as necessary.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of technical knowledge and applied experience with most of the following systems,
platforms, and skills listed below
- 3+ years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or newer. Oracle SQL/OSS technologies
and MySQL are a plus
- 3+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 or newer.
- Strong with PowerShell scripting and automation
- Extensive experience investigating poor performing SQL statements or server configurations
- Expertise and hands-on experience using performance counters and industry best practices to
- Strong understanding of HA/DR techniques including database clustering, availability groups, log
shipping and mirroring
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and platforms. Experience with AWS, and GCP preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills dealing with both internal
and external customers
- Experience in designing and supporting highly available database hardware configurations
- Experience with Hadoop & NoSQL technologies
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.