Job Description – Specific Job Requirements – Duties & Responsibilities
Serves as a Database Engineer for the U.S. Army's National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Combat Incident Database (CIDB) and Joint Trauma Analysis for the Prevention of Injury in Combat Database (JDB) (CJDB) Program.
• Ensures proposed database changes align technically with the NGIC Architecture.
• Interacts with Information Assurance experts to ensure the database is compliant with IA and STIG
• Performs data management, including extraction of raw data from databases using SQL commands and/or XML.
• Use data analysis tools and provide assistance with data analysis of extracted data.
• Responsible for database-side application programming. Interacts with Web Programmers and Database Programmers to develop web-database software applications.
• Assist in the development and deployment of web and database applications.
• Create and maintains database instances and
• Prepare test scenarios for quality assurance of developed software
• Performs unit, integration and deployment testing of software.
• Supports database setup and configuration activities for the Development, Test, and Production environments.
• Responsible for release management and required release interactions with NGIC, UAT, PROD, web, and database teams.
• Interacts with ES representatives for Configuration Management and management of releases.
• Participate in design and readiness reviews.
• Bachelor of Science degree from a 4-year college in a technical field or relevant experience in lieu of technical degree.
• 10+ years of hands-on IT experience
• CompTIA Security+ CE
• Database programmer with a background in web application support.
• Experience with views, packages, triggers, schemas, scheduled jobs, database account maintenance.
• The candidate must have experience in one or more of the following programming language skills: Oracle SQL, and Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Developer
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Familiarity with Data Modeling tools
• Hands-on skills with Oracle Virtual Private Database (VPD), Oracle Middleware, Oracle Database, Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) and Open Source Databases
• Understanding of NoSQL or non-relational database storage
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience in systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and open system architecture.
Desired Experience in:
• NGIC experience, in general, and CIDB and JTAPICDB database experience, in particular
• Knowledgeable of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile
• Experience in a mixed RHEL and MS Windows environment is preferred, but not required.
• Top Secret with SCI eligibility
• The candidate must be able to complete the training and certifications required by DoD to obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I (Army AR25-2) certification.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Synergetic Information Systems provides IT services and solutions for the US federal government, the District Government, and other clients.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.