Irving, TX only
Must be able to attain GSA Clearance
DB2 LUW Job Description
Looking for DB2 LUW DBA to support enterprise level mission critical applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience dealing a mix of applications
- Experience with DB2 LUW versions 9.7 to 10.5
- Experience with software installation and database upgrades
- Experience with database performance monitoring both with tools and home grown scripts
- Capable of identifying performance issues at both a database and individual SQL level
- Experience in writing complex SQL code
- Capable of assisting application teams with rewriting SQL code to improve performance
- Should be able to administer databases on premises and in AWS / OCI cloud
- Should be capable of writing Cloud Formation scripts in JSON and YAML to spin up resources in AWS. Console access is not available
- Knowledge of HADR, SQL-Replication and Q-Replication, Log Shipping, Oracle Goldengate is a must
- Competent with operating in a Unix environment
- Capable of creating and maintaining scripts to support all the DBA related activities.
- Possess good communication skills and be able to support on shore and off shore staff
- Be able to coordinate a complex application release schedule and manage conflicting demands on his/her time
- Should be able to plan and coordinate changes occurring in different pre-production and production environments
- Position entails being part of a rotating 7x24 on call support requiring rapid response, problem identification and resolution
- Familiarity with Websphere, Workflow and SOA
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Be able to support at least one additional database platform such as Oracle, PostGress, MySQL, Sybase etc.
- Experience in migrating application from one database to another database. For example, DB2 LUW to Oracle
- Ability to read and understand languages such as Java and be able to assist the application teams with production issues
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.