Part-Time Desktop Support: 8am - 5pm (Candidate can select days - 2-3 days per week to work)
OIS is seeking a part-time Desktop Support professional to assist our Syracuse, NY client's internal and external customers having hardware and software related problems with their supported desktop, laptop or peripherals.
• Resolve local area networking issues to ensure connectivity to the Corporate network, and work with the Infrastructure and Messaging teams as necessary to resolve incidents.
• Support is provided in a timely manner in accordance to published SLAs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfactions
• 2 years Windows OS support, Active Directory administration and installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office
• A+ and Microsoft Certification
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Provide Level-2 technical support for supported desktops, laptops, and peripherals. This includes the following activities:
• Correcting hardware problems with supported desktops, laptops and peripherals by coordinating support with OEM vendors.
• Managing returns on warranted parts and systems.
• Packaging and shipping replacement parts to customers.
• Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers.
• May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
• Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software.
• Performing planned maintenance, moves, adds and changes.
• Provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptops, PDA or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN).
• Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customers to appropriate technical personnel.
• Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Creating and maintaining images for standard systems.
• Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures.
• Requires little day-to-day supervision.
• Ability to work on call after hours as required
• Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers. This includes the following activities:
• Consulting with the Service Desk on support calls.
• Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Providing Case status updates to management and end-users.
• Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers.
• Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
• Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to Desktop Managed Services support
• Associate degree or equivalent experience required
• 2+ years’ experience in desktop support
• Strong customer service skills
• Solid technical and analytical skills required
• Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers
• Knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
• Experience with Active Directory administration
• Knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
• Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
• Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility.
• Ability to work independently and take ownership.
• A+ Certification recommended
• MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCM preferred
• ITIL Certification preferred
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.