NiZA Business Solutions is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist who performs a wide variety of tasks with respect to computer hardware, software, networks and user support. Supports, maintains and utilizes various company and customer computer resources, including PCs, servers, LANs, WANs and internet-based systems and applications on a 24/7 basis. Assists computer resource users in accessing computer systems and in resolving user problems with those systems and applications.
This is a full-time, on-site at the client’s facility (Ballston) role supporting a large Government client initiative. This position requires shift work (nights and weekends).
Security Clearance Requirement:
• Must have current TS/SCI, with ability to obtain DHS suitability prior to employment start
NOTE: Candidates who do not meet the minimum security clearance requirements WILL NOT be considered.
Specific support will be provided to the Service Desk Team with responsibilities including:
• In-depth working experience of Windows 7 and Windows 10 including:
• Application Installation
• Active Directory
• Organization Units
• Effective customer service skills, including oral and technical written communications.
• Must be able to assist in development of solutions, and appropriate documentation, to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Experience supporting DHS, Federal Civil, Intelligence and/or DoD information technology Users and Customers at the desktop level.
• Ability to assist others in solving problems and working with them to implement the solution ·
• Experience using trouble ticketing and tracking systems ·
• Respond to user requests via Telephone, Email, and/or Altiris ticketing system. ·
• Install, configure, deploy, and upgrade computer hardware and software. ·
• Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
• Interact with other technical teams, software systems engineering, and /or applications development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct problems. ·
• Identify and reserve Computers being assigned to the network through DHCP. ·
• Imaging of Computers and configuring of desktop BIOS.
• License managers in Windows environments
• Desktop Operating System Patching and other Vulnerability mitigation
• Familiarity with Antivirus software and security settings, TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operation ·
• Able to describe PC architecture and operation
• Desktop image development, deployment, and maintenance
• DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
supervision and follow established procedures ? DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I desired
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.