Jvion is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to work with our growing technical team. As a growing company of 50+ employees, your job role will be relatively broad. Daily tasks may include:
• writing python infrastructure code in support of our Data Engineers
• creating monitoring tools to ensure that production systems are up and running
• helping to manage 200+ virtual machines in the cloud
• creating automation scripts to run administrative tasks
• supporting the server infrastructure of our Data Science team
• developing/implementing new pipeline tools
• developing/implementing an infrastructure as code methodology for future projects
• working with CI tools such as JIRA, bitbucket pipelines, git, and Jenkins
• writing automated scripts to interact with cloud providers and check for security and policy compliance
• In practice, this role is a combination of the traditional DevOps Engineer / Systems Engineer / Software Engineer roles. A broad range of experiences and an aptitude for learning new things is a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / similar technical field, or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of practical experience in DevOps, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering
• Proficient coder with the ability to learn and use multiple languages
• Able to achieve goals and drive for success with little oversight from management
• Creative problem solver not afraid to try new software and frameworks to achieve goals
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to help others with tasks outside of official job description
• Comfort with multiple operating systems
• Able to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal help from others (First instinct should be to look on google and dig into source code before asking coworkers for assistance)
Nice to Have:
• Strong experience with Python and SQL
• Some experience of data science (spark, r, python data science libraries, etc.)
• Worked on a long-term personal or extracurricular project (something self-driven)
• Strong experience with AWS or Azure
• Some experience of basic networking (How NAT works, difference between public / private ips, etc.)
• Strong experience using/automating the command line for both Windows and Linux systems
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.