Serve as top-level technical authority on leading edge, complex, state-of-the art technologies and/or techniques. Is a senior leader of the organization who serves as leader, collaborator, innovator, role model, champion and subject matter expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Act as top-level subject matter expert on assigned technology stack.
2. Lead existing and emerging technology and development processes, ensuring those technologies and processes are aligned with the goals and strategies of the BB&T business strategy.
3. Develop/invent highly innovative, complex and critical solutions with assigned technologies that require extensive, in-depth knowledge of the assigned technology.
4. Identify and develop revolutionary business opportunities with significant impacts on the direction of Data and Technology Services (DTS) and BB&T’s financial results.
5. Build strong partnerships with all levels of management to drive improvement of BB&T’s application portfolio that uses assigned technologies across Application Delivery Services (ADS) and other areas of DTS.
6. Identify and develop sound application architecture patterns, frameworks and standards for the assigned technology for use across the ADS to drive application architecture consistency.
7. Identify and drive application architecture and business capability consolidation opportunities.
8. Meet with clients to understand their needs and offer consulting services to internal clients and DTS departments as requested/needed.
9. Keep abreast of emerging trends in assigned technology stack and effectively influence use within BB&T.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Fifteen years of industry recognized experience and leadership
3. Strong business and financial acumen and effective communication skills
4. Ability to establish strong relationships with the corresponding technical community
5. Ability to serve as a visionary concerning future technological capabilities and operational scenarios; ability to create new business models and technologies
6. Ability to create, manage and drive change
7. Ability to unify activities within the BB&T technology community, coordinating with other businesses and engineering organizations, as needed
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree preferred, or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Management Information Systems-related field
2. Fifteen years of in-depth knowledge in assigned technology stack
3. Financial industry experience
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
What is Truist? BB&T and SunTrust have joined forces to become Truist. We’re combining the best of each company to bring you better experiences, better partnerships and better technology to offer even more ways to help grow your financial confidence. With more than 275 years of combined history through our legacy brands, BB&T and SunTrust, Truist is now one of the nation’s premier financial institutions, dedicated to building a better future for our clients, teammates and communities.
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) is a purpose-driven company dedicated to building a better future for its clients, teammates and communities. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist is one of the nation’s largest financial services holding companies offering a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist serves approximately 10 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more at Truist.com.
Scholarship program; competitive PTO policy; professional development programs.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.