The IT DevOps Intelligent Services team is currently seeking a qualified DevOps Engineer with extensive hands on experience in Microsoft technologies to help provision, maintain and troubleshoot our applications, platforms and infrastructure. The qualified candidate will be responsible for delivering mission critical infrastructure for hosting applications on cloud as well as on-premises. This position requires great aptitude for problem-solving as well as superior technical expertise in all relevant DevOps areas.
- 5+ years of experience in MS Windows environments.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in IIS Administration or software design and engineering
- Hands on experience in automation using various scripting languages e.g., with PowerShell.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server platforms (Windows OS, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, BizTalk, and ASP .NET applications)
- Working knowledge in hypervisors for example, VMware/Hyper-V etc.
- Networking knowledge and familiarity with connectivity concepts on Windows Servers, Load balancers, Domain Name Service (DNS), subnetting, Firewall etc.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills is a must.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline is desired.
- ASP.NET application development (.NET Framework v2 or later) is a major plus
- Possession of Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE or Azure Certification is a plus)
- Understanding of the concepts of Azure Constructs including Azure VMs, Azure Networking, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure SQL as well as Redis Cache and Azure AD is a major plus
- Prior experience in using monitoring and logging tools such as AppInsights, Dynatrace, SCOM and Splunk is a plus.
- Manage, monitor and provide operational support of Microsoft .NET applications developed in-house hosted on-premises as well as in Azure.
- Coordinate and support migration of on-prem ASP.NET applications to the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, Application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, on .NET, ASP, and CGI applications.
- Work closely with application developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase process and system efficiency with the objective of reducing human intervention on any repetitive tasks
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support (as part of an on-call rotation)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.