Here at Vulnerability Research Labs we have spent more than a decade becoming a technical leader in cyber security. We became a technical leader in the field because we believe in our mission – to be at the forefront of cyber security and deliver unparalleled capabilities that solve our customer’s hardest problems. We offer the opportunity to work on diverse technologies with hard working developers in an interactive company with a flat organizational structure.
We’re currently seeking a DevOps Engineer with a strong background in software development. This position requires an experienced individual who is ready to take on the challenges of wearing several hats on a small team. The DevOps Engineer will initially be responsible for migrating a custom software solution built in Ubuntu and vSphere to a hardened centOS deployment in a virtual private cloud. Follow on work will include adding new features and services to the custom software solution, as well as increasing involvement with broader company initiatives related to the implementation of DevOps practices.
This engineer will:
• Implement your own plan within the DevOps / configuration management tools to fully automate configuration of secure system services
• Identify and troubleshoot service issues at a network and host level
• Take end user feedback and develop requirements into design, architecture, development, and maintenance of an operational system
• Design and implement a monitoring system to best identify problems and outages
• Validate and test your changes to the system prior to submitting to the testing organization
• Assist with the development of automatic checks for your changes (automated tests or monitoring)
• Research, evaluate, and prototype solutions to challenges posed by the project and systems infrastructure
• Perform programming, testing and validation, deployment, and documentation
Your day-to-day at Vulnerability Research Labs:
• Solving the customer’s challenging problems and generating your own ideas to improve our products
• Working directly with the project manager and senior company leadership to ensure exceptional design, development, and delivery of the system
• Interfacing with developers across the organization to ensure you have the resources you need and are building the best products possible
Skills you will need and we will enhance:
• TS/SCI Clearance Required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of Linux systems experience:
o Linux / GNU based service troubleshooting and configuration (httpd, iptables, mysql, etc)
o Bash and/or Python scripting experience
• 2+ years of experience with automated infrastructure configuration and management (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Capistrano, Puppet, etc)
• Understanding of common protocols like HTTP, TLS, DNS, and TCP/IP routing in general
• Ability to troubleshoot networked services using tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark, ps, and strace
• Ability to independently set your daily/weekly tasking and manage your workload in order to meet long-term project milestones
• Ability to quickly customize and deploy open source projects through custom code and configuration modifications
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Some local and ~10 days a year of overnight travel
Things we like best about VRL:
• Solving hard technical problems
• Dedicated time to learn, research, and engineer solutions with minimal distractions
• A strong focus on learning and career development including conference and training opportunities
• Individual offices equipped with employee driven choice of computers and equipment
• Fresh brewed coffee
• A well-stocked pantry with food and beverages
• Most of all: a technically challenging work place that takes care of its employees
VRL is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, color, age, military service eligibility or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected class. We encourage and support workplace diversity.
We are unable to hire non-US citizens. Please, no third party firms.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Vulnerability Research Labs provides information security solutions to mitigate corporate risk, offering cyber threat intelligence solutions, including cyber threat awareness, malware analysis, and software/hardware vulnerability research.
Flexible schedule; gym membership and tuition reimbursements; annual conference budget; individual offices with doors and desks; well-stocked kitchen and deluxe coffee machine; weekly catered breakfast and lunches.
C/C++, Python, PHP, Perl, Bash, Linux, Salt
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.