Reporting to: DevOps Manager
Purpose of the role
A member of our DevOps team needs to work closely with development and infrastructure to ensure fast and reliable continuous integration and to help facilitate the move to the cloud. DevOps is part of the technology department and as such it is expected that a candidate has a passion for technology and is always seeking to increase their knowledge and skills.
You will be responsible for:
• Providing leadership and accountability for work you undertake
• Articulating your work and ideas
• Adapting to fast-changing business requirements in a dynamic environment
• Taking on ideas and responding to feedback from the business and other technical experts
• Researching and implementing new technologies within the DevOps space to improve the process of code deployment to our environments, seeking to eliminate inefficiency using relevant technology solutions
• Following a source control culture within the configuration of servers and applications where environment configurations are stored in code for a fully automated process.
• Participating in a 24/7 support roster to support applications after hours, training other DevOps team members to resolve issues and reduce the dependency on yourself or other tech teams after hours.
• Taking part in daily stand-ups with the DevOps team and your assigned Dev teams to receive work and supply updates, and provide input with respect to design, monitoring, deployment, resource and security requirements.
• Attending Development meetings at project inception to ensure DevOps standards are adhered to, especially with respect to logging and monitoring of application health and compatibility with infrastructure design, security requirements and compliance and best practices.
• Maintaining knowledge of the inner workings of all applications within your portfolio, ensuring that all system dependencies are documented.
You will have:
• The ability to rapidly learn and master new technologies; As technology changes, you will be expected to move with the times and become a master in your own right. You’ll need to be a self-starter, not always relying on official/scheduled training. We need someone who loves learning, and who can teach themselves when required.
• Experience using Microsoft Azure products & technologies, including (but not limited to):
o Azure DevOps (VSTS) – designing and implementing release processes for development teams
o AppInsights and Azure Monitor – experience troubleshooting applications (PaaS, SaaS, etc) using AppInsights and Log Analytics. Familiarity with writing queries using Kusto query to determine root cause of outages/problems
o Azure Functions/PaaS / SaaS – familiarity (or experience with) building functions/apps with native Azure technologies. (Note: you don’t need to be a developer, just understand how Azure works, how the technology fits together, and how to troubleshoot these apps when they break)
o Azure Container (including Kubernetes service) – experience in building container services to host and manage new or legacy systems
• Expert knowledge in private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, networking, workload types, migration patterns and tools
• Familiarity with .NET/C# development
• Exceptional PowerShell scripting skills
• Exceptional knowledge and experience in DDoS, Website Security, CDN using tools such as Incapsula.
• Excellent experience in building CI/CD pipelines using automation tools (Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, Git, etc), able to build/manage a pipeline from start to finish
• Using ARM templates to automate Microsoft Azure
• Experience with containerization principles and frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles
• Experience working with development teams
It would be a bonus if you also had:
• Previous experience in 24/7 High Performance Environment
• Proven hands on experience with Windows Server/Linux and its product suite.
• Experience of automation tools such as Chef
• Experience with load balancers such as F5
• Knowledge of Azure SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of Web and Application hosting environments (IIS, Windows Services or Nginx)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Network Security and Networking Protocols
• Knowledge of logging technologies such as LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch
• Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds
• Complete understanding of what the DevOps culture is
• Passionate about technology
• Able to communicate on all levels, technical and non-technical
• Team Oriented
• Takes ownership of their work and has exceptional attention to detail
• Patient and calm under pressure
• Perseverance and the ability to drive issue resolution and projects through to completion
• Continually strives to improve both their work and their personal knowledge
• Self-motivated and content to work both individually and on team projects.
• Articulate and able to communicate technical detail to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
• Personable with the ability to handle stressful situations
• Technical creativity and the ability to envision future solutions
• 1 day a week remote working option
• Competitive package
• Great social and charity events
• Health and well being weeks
• Free fruit and a heavily discounted Barista
• Tickets to events via sponsorships etc
• Season Ticket Loan
Win Technologies (UK) Limited provides support services to Betway and is a proud member of the Betway Group.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.