If you are an experienced software developer with a passion for automation, Tyler Technologies may have the perfect job for you.
We are adding to our hosting team and seeking a DevOps Engineer. This person will build and maintain critical solutions and workflows that will automate requests to help Tyler’s hosting operations run smoothly. Our DevOps Engineers design modern web applications and automation workflows that enable continuous delivery of value to Hosting Services.
Support various corporate needs, both internally and externally, across the company. From Marketing to Finance to IT and Human Resources, you can work on Tyler-wide initiatives to support our employees, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.
Plano, TX or Yarmouth, ME
- Develop and maintain cloud-ready automation workflows and utilities to use throughout the virtual machine lifecycle.
- Create new solutions and modify our existing suite of programs to meet new or revised specifications.
- Find creative new approaches to problem solve and increase productivity for other teams within hosting operations and/or technical teams throughout Tyler.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through automated testing.
- Ensure solution reliability and resiliency.
- Work with Tyler Divisions to develop software applications that will improve delivery speed and quality of virtual environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Typically requires 5 years of experience as a software developer
- Proven competency with .Net, SQL Server and PowerShell (or comparable technologies –e.g. Java)
- Experience working in a source control environment (e.g. with Azure DevOps Server (TFS) or Git)
- Experience with Agile methodologies, SCRUM, and continuous integration/deployment
- Familiar with cloud-based server and network architectures, including setup and management of firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, VPCs, hardened Linux kernels, database server instances, and web servers
- Prior experience as a system administrator is highly desired
- Prior Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud administration experience preferred
- Competency with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet a plus
- Experience with VMWare vRealize Ochestrator (vRO) or vRealize Automation (vRA) a plus
- Experience with modern front-end web-development or user experience (UX) a plus.
- Collaborative personality with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to learn new technologies independently and quickly
The ability to research complex technological problems, formulate recommendations, and build technically sound and scalable solutions will be key with this role.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.