Shine Systems currently has an immediate opening for a multi-talented software engineer with a background in DevOps, CM, QA, and V&V. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training systems.
The candidate will serve as an integral part of a software development team that is focused on building and maintaining a state-of-the-art visual simulation system for our US Navy customers known as the Periscope Simulation (PSIM)
The primary duty will be to administer DevOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools and techniques for the use by the PSIM team (10 people)
A secondary duty of the candidate will be to perform Quality Assurance (QA) and Verification and Validation (V&V) of PSIM and PSIM-equipped Training Systems
A tertiary duty for the candidate will be to work with the Management Team to help standardize these same practices across our larger software development group (35 additional people) that supports other types of simulation systems
This candidate will work with our development and management teams to demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern DevOps and CM to our Navy customers
- Certifications in DevOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian
- Implemented and maintained DevOps and/or CM tools in small to medium sized development team
- Served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a development team
- Implemented and maintained QA and V&V tools and conducted QA testing in a small to medium sized development team
- Served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product Installer on other development teams
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
- Developed tests and testing strategies with Jenkins or Google Test
- Experience teaching and/or training others is a definite plus
- BS degree or higher in Information Systems, IT, Computer Science, or other related technical degree is required
- 3+ years using DevOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- 3+ years using CM principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects
- 3+ years performing QA, V&V, and software testing as part of a software development team
- 5+ years of developing on or serving as a system administrator for Linux systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes
- 1+ years of developing on or serving as a system administrator for Windows systems
- Experience with the creation and deployment of Linux and Windows system images
- Secret security clearance required
- U.S. Citizenship required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.