Summary: We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team creating innovative solutions for government client. As DevOps Engineer, the candidate will help design and architect a broad range of application environments, provide hands-on automation implementation and administration, implement and maintain DevOps tools. Expected to work on complex assignments and perform a wide range of engineering and operational activities with little direct supervision. Must be a self-starter. Participation in on-call rotation for support of production environments is required.
• Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
• Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code(IAC) and support operation and maintenance team.
• Responsible for analyzing infrastructure automation requirements and code development
• Scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis (using Chef, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
• Working with Red Hat product stack, virtualization, API development, middleware, storage, messaging, and cloud technology.
• Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product.
• Deploy and decommission client environments for multi and single tenant hosted applications following established processes and procedures.
• Monitor system and application performance to detect errors, apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g. diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data. Install and configure NIM Server (NIM Server Administration) and Satellite Server
• Experience building and releasing IAC in a controlled environment with an understanding of full-lifecycle configuration management.
• Experience with version control systems (GIT), configuration management (i.e. Chef), central logging and monitoring solution (i.e. Solarwinds)
• Experience with HashiCorp tooling (Terraform, Packer, Vault) Experience with Ruby, Bash, and other common scripting languages.
• Must have experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Windows operating systems.
• Experience with NIM and Satellite ServerBe flexible and be willing to quickly learn new tools/methods
• Strong team player, and also be able to work independently
Optional Skills and Experience Desired:
• Experience with IBM PowerVC/Openstack
• Experience with DB2, SQL, Oracle
• Experience with high availability architectures and concepts (HACMP/PowerHA)
• Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including TSM
• Experience with strategies for database backups, file system backups
• Experience with CI/CD testing and deployment tools such Jenkins, GIT
• Experience with various Firewall architectures and Network Security concepts
Security Clearance Requirement:
Minimum Active DoD Secret and DHS suitability
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.