Jada Systems is looking for a DevOps Linux System Administrator to work with a team of System Administrators supporting customers located at Raytheon as well as at the customer site at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Job duties include all aspects of system administration including installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of Linux servers, both hardware and virtual.
The System Administrator will be responsible for disk storage devices, SAN and NAS devices, and network equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• building, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
• system backups and restoration
• user support
• documentation of system architecture and processes
• documentation of end user instructions
Education (including Major) / Work Experience:
B.S./B.A. with at least 6 years of experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Associate’s degree plus 10 years of directly related experience, no degree plus 14 years of directly related experience.)
• Six years of System Administrator experience using Linux
• In depth knowledge of Linux with a focus on Redhat/CentOS, including system design, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and administration
• Strong knowledge of Storage Technology, both local and hosted, including design, implementation, maintenance, upgrade / transition planning and execution.
• Strong knowledge of NFS
• Experience with LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Experience with networking (Troubleshooting, DNS, protocols, hardware and software)
• Strong knowledge of virtualization (VMWare, Docker, OpenStack, etc.)
• Strong in configuration management practices and related tools such as Puppet, Git, Packer.
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of both public licensed and Commercial-off-the-Shelf software tools
• Scripting experience such as shell and php
• Experience with a trouble ticketing system
• Experience with Amazon and/or Microsoft Cloud
• Excellent user interface / interpersonal / written and verbal communication skills
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows computing environments.
• Experience with hardware running Linux or Windows operating systems.
• The ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and customers
• The ability to document and electronically store daily task information, architecture, processes, and user instructions
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti and Ganglia
• The ability to work independently
The work will be done in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.