Business Unit Summary
The Digital Platform Engineering team performs Web Application, Web Server, and Technology Platform level management and support of QVC’s Digital / E-commerce platforms, including QVC.com, Mobile, and QVC’s global ecommerce websites. This group is responsible for the administration, configuration, and monitoring of these platforms in a 24/7, highly available, and geo-clustered Web-based environment.
A Day in the Life
• Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical expert in one or more technologies in place to sustain / build out the platform.
• Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure, collaborating with Software Engineering Core Infrastructure Engineering to define the non-functional aspects of business solutions.
• Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing servers.
• Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for system infrastructure in one or more technologies..
• Collaborates with Software, DevOps, and Infrastructure engineering teams testing and implementing systems and releases.
• Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels.
• Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of Web-based Digital / E-commerce platforms.
• Deploys, installs, and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
• Works directly with all areas of IT and provides technical direction to more junior level engineers on the Digital Platforms team.
• Works closely with customers to determine their strategic business requirements and measures system performance against expectations.
• Supports production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution and timely issue communications.
Keys to Success
At QVC, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent years of related technical experience
• At least 3 years of applicable experience in Web Server Administration and Web-based applications using Apache, Java Application Servers (JVM containers), and Java (Spring, and other open source frameworks exposure)
• Experience administering server operating systems (mainly Linux) and web based applications.
• Load balancing and network infrastructure to maintain highly available platforms.
• Experience managing code deployments with multiple complex environments (dev, QA, load & production).
• Experience working with site performance tools at various levels, external synthetic monitoring, and overall platform health.
• Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to details.
• Solid understanding of various industry standard protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, Active Directory, etc.).
• Experience effectively supporting projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
• Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with immediate management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
• Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
• Working knowledge of Content Delivery Networks.
• A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
• Application Performance Management (APM) experience.
• Proficiency in Scripting and Web Application Deployments.
• Proficient UNIX/Linux skills.
• Familiarity with SQL based query languages.
• Storage Methodologies experience a plus.
• Experience with live and static video delivery over the Internet in various industry standard formats.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Cornerstone Services offers expertise and corporate support across the five Cornerstone Brands. These shared services include Information Technology, Digital Commerce, Customer Care, and Distribution.
Our team members enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun; Medical (includes prescription drug coverage); PPO style plan; High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP); APCN Network; Dental; Vision; Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance; 1.5 times annual base salary (100% employer paid); Supplemental Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Long Term Disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; Pet Care Discount; CollegeBound Plan; Legal Services; Paid Time Off.
HR prescreen; technical prescreen; onsite behavioral and technical interviews; offer process.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.