Director, Business Analysis
Our client is looking for technology professionals to contribute to its growing business needs. This includes both maintenance and enhancements of its business systems and processes. Our client is looking to expand and grow its Business Analysis team with an experienced leader with demonstrated capabilities of setting up and managing a focused and results oriented team of business systems analysts. The objectives of this team are to extract, define and document, clear and unambiguous requirements in support of new and existing systems. The goal of this team is to facilitate uninterrupted and efficient workflows and business process across all business units.
Candidates must be self-starters with a strong project management and technology implementation background, a very strong aptitude to understand and deliver dedicated, as well enterprise wide business solutions. Individuals must have experience in transaction processing, supply chain, fleet management applications as well as hand on knowledge of formal software development methodologies.
The Director of Business Analysis will be a key contributor in identifying, analyzing and delivering technology solutions in support of the company’s strategic vision and goals. This position will be central to measuring and managing capabilities of existing systems and processes that support current suite of product offerings and emerging market, customer needs. As a key technology stakeholder, the incumbent in this position will work with counterparts within and outside the company in ensuring timely and accurate delivery of products and services that meet and exceed customer expectations.
As the leader of the Business Analysis team, this individual will plan and manage multiple concurrent projects, resources and work with business stakeholders in organizing and prioritizing business needs. This individual is expected to work with the technical team and ensure business requirements are translated into appropriate and cost effective business solutions which satisfies or exceeds user needs, meets audit and compliance requirements, while adhering to time and budget guidance provided by the senior management team. The incumbent in this position will work with system vendors, product vendors, third party vendors to ensure products and services delivered/procured by/from them meet all technical, functional and performance needs. This includes negotiation of pricing and contract terms, SLA’s and penalties for unacceptable product, service and support quality.
This position will manage a team that comprises of hands on business analysts and project managers and will interface with development team consisting of data scientists, application developers, automation developers/specialists, business systems and EDI analysts.
This position requires an individual who can independently maintain and manage business systems that are an integral part of the company products, services and success. The incumbent will need to interface between the various business units/leaders, department/functional owners within and outside the company and a team of technical personnel as well as vendors and third party solution providers.
• Key stakeholder in determining and deployment of new technology solutions.
• Implement and maintain an effective and efficient a project and requirements management process.
• Analyze business needs, determine alternatives and suggestions for technology and process needs.
• Research and implement new tools needed to optimize development process.
• Contribute to the development of the technology strategy for the organization.
• Assist the development team in implementing new business requirements and maintain existing functionality.
• Interact with business groups and customers to identify and define the business requirements.
• Design and implement requirements gathering, requirements definition, scope and size definition, requirements tracing, post implementation support process, testing templates.
• Responsibility for mentoring and providing direction to staff and ensure team success.
• Define and implement technology implementation guidelines and processes.
• Enhance, adapt and optimize business systems in support of strategic and tactical business needs.
• Evaluate and recommend changes/improvements to technology needs of the organization.
• Provide SME on projects.
• Assist/develop use cases, data and business process flows, user interfaces, report prototypes.
• Mine and analyze data to identify root cause of issues, as needed.
• Use Machine Learning tools and principles to design and develop data sets to identify predictive and prescriptive solutions for business needs.
• Capable of providing time estimates and preparing design documents and testing.
• Partner with enterprise development team to ensure the technical design is appropriately aligned to satisfy user needs, meet standards using best practices.
• Strong team emphasis and relationship building skills; create effective partnerships with business, shared services and other IT support areas.
• Facilitate communication, conflict resolution and interaction among the various functional entities within project teams. Partner with management and business units to ensure timely and accurate assessment and communication of progress, issues and risks.
• Coordinate with members of the application development team during the design and development phases to ensure the requirements are understood and being met.
• Coordinate testing of the applications, as necessary, to ensure adherence to the business requirements, train end users.
• Complete special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
• 12-15 years Intermodal industry experience, preferably in technical positions of increasing responsibility.
• Good understanding of MS Project and/or other project management tools.
• Superior communication skills both verbally and written with management, project team and Internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Process-centric individual.
• Strong Desktop computing skills using Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Project and Power Point.
• Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), Business Intelligence and Analytics tools.
• Strong familiarity with Machine Learning implementations, Big Data and Deep learning.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time and within budget.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and co-ordinate with other members of the application development team.
• Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts. Experience using SDLC methodologies within software design, use cases, coding and testing.
• Use of software tools to prototype data structures, process and system functionality (screens, reports, audit logs), data validation and storage logic.
David Ruiz | Business Development Manager
Jarvis Walker, Foster McKay & TRM Consulting
O (973) 966-0900 ext: 420 | email@example.com
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.