The Director of Application Development provides technical direction and oversight for IT Application Development teams as part of a program or collection of projects within a single line of business. Supplies overall technical leadership for the team to design, develop, deploy and sustain solutions that meet applicable business requirements; drive technology innovation and best practices, while meeting corporate information technology, security and compliance policies and procedures. Responsible for building and maintaining a team of IT resources that may include employees, contractors, and suppliers.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about modern software development practices, delivering highly maintainable software at enterprise scale.
• Recruit and mentor a balanced team of developers who are highly skilled and passionate about development.
• Own and enforce high quality development practices and procedures, as well as maintaining secure coding standards, through the adoption of test-driven development (TDD), paired programming, peer code reviews, and software build automation.
• Provide oversight and guidance to team members during regular technical activities within an Agile environment: including (but not limited to) code reviews, estimating, technical solution design & architecture, testing.
• Drive continuous improvement in a Lean/Agile environment, implementing DevOps delivery approaches encompassing CI/CD, build automation and deployments.
• Acts as the development team's escalation point to other IT functions, as well as to internal business partners and external vendors as necessary.
• Effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management and business partners.
• BS in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of software development experience, as a developer and as a manager or team lead.
• Deep knowledge of the web application development ecosystem, tooling, methodologies, and best practices.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development practices, ideally with hands-on experience transforming teams from Waterfall or Iterative to Agile methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, from team members to senior management.
• Enthusiasm and a desire to be part of an innovative and highly valued team.
• A strong drive to solve problems of all types.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, and comfort with uncertainty and ambiguity.
• A commitment to quality with a drive for continuous improvement
• A firm belief in exchanging constructive and respectful feedback.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Ally Financial is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers, and corporate clients.
Flexible PTO; child care discounts; wellness program; leadership training; tuition reimbursement.
Initial phone screening; interview with the hiring manager; possible several additional interviews depending on the position.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.