At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Design and using Enterprise Systems. We have state of the art platforms with Salesforce.com, NetSuite, and Kafka that we are customizing to drive industry standard methodologies. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. When tools are not available in the marketplace, we deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. We are passionate about building small, independent product development teams – product managers, designers and engineers working together empowered to make their own decisions.
To deliver on this vision we are committed to building a culture of rapid learning through experimentation. We are committed to Continuous Delivery as a culture, of keeping our code production ready from the get-go. And we automate everything we possibly can. Come join our team.
You will lead internal systems engineering teams at OpenTable. In this role, you'll be leading several teams, including our internal finance systems, internal tools and Salesforce. These teams build the tools that make this company operate.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for attracting and retaining top talent; for mentoring and developing your team members’ career paths (technical and management tracks); for promoting our core engineering principles and rewarding successes.
First and foremost, you love to build software and building successful engineering teams. You have a passion for internal systems and have implemented, maintained, and customized enterprise CRM and or ERP systems.
You will not make most technical decisions for your team, but you will help your teams make better decisions. You will do this with good interpersonal skills and through the wisdom gained from building and leading teams responsible for both front end and back end projects
You're passionate about internal system tools. Our tools are built primarily using open source technologies, so knowledge in open source like Java, Postgresql , React, Angular and deployed in Linux platform is a plus. You are up to date with modern developments in engineering , scalable design and architecture.
You are results-focused. You know how to artfully walk between getting insights from customers as quickly as possible and handling technical debt to maintain long-term efficiency.
- 10+ years leading Enterprise Systems (CRM and/or ERP)
- 18+ years of experience in Software Engineering with considerable exposure to internal systems and its scalability, including 10+ years of Management experience
- 10 + years of experience in Agile process preferably using Scrum, being a Scrum Coach is a plus
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in leading 3 or 4 teams of 20+ engineers and managers
- Solid knowledge of server-side technologies. Preferably in Java, Postgresql, Kafka and React
- 10+ years of experience in building and managing highly scalable systems that can process million of messages per day
- Experience in managing internal products, working closely with product leads and internal customers to deliver internal tools with the highest quality
- Experience build an automation-focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- Solid experience in implementing Continuous delivery model using Jenkins, container based deployment like Docker either in public/private cloud infrastructure
- Experience working within a distributed SOA architecture
- Command of your favorite programming language (be it JS, Python, Java, C#, etc)
- Good knowledge in CRM system like Salesforce, ERP platforms like NetSuite and Billing Platform is a plus
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We love what can happen around the restaurant table. Since 1998, we’ve been committed to empowering that experience. From helping restaurants grow and run their businesses, to enabling diners to discover and book the perfect table every time they dine, our story is one of connection — among diners, restaurants, and their communities.
But the table is just the start. Now, we’re growing globally like never before, and continuing to lead the conversation in the tech and restaurant spaces with products that anticipate the changing needs of restaurants and diners.
As we span countries and cultures, we’re very aware of an essential ingredient in making the power of our products possible: you. You are the reason why we work hard to be one step ahead of the moment and what inspires us to embody the true spirit of hospitality. So, pull up a chair and join us.
Free snacks; discounted gym memberships; commuting benefits; generous PTO; happy hours on Fridays.
Initial phone screen; possible hiring manager phone screen; 2 onsite interviews (5 hours each).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.